2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
route

That is not the fastest route just the most used. go thru Needville then Boling then Lane City to come out on hwy 60 south 8 miles to Bay City! There is less traffic and can make better time, 20 minutes less.

·
Registered
889 Posts
as above, but hang a left in Boling, to Pledger then to 35, hang a right to Bay City, left on 2668, left again on 60. Drive it 5-6 times a week to Sugar Land and back.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Is the back route you mention actually a shorter distance or just less traffic? I will be leaving Houston around 3:30AM and would think traffic would be pretty light. Thanks again.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
330am

What about heading down 288 then right on 35 I think to 514 hang a left and on to 60 hook a left in MATTY.....I think it is...

Someone can confirm those FM roads I am sure.... that is how I go from SPRANG!

JDS

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all the replied. I've never fished the area much and all ways launched from Sargent the few times down there. Was supposed to take some clients to fish with Capt Bill but he suggested a reschedule for next month. I will hold on to your suggestions for that date.

·
Registered
889 Posts
OK, cranked the truck looked at the clock 5:05, in the parking lot at Hwy 6 and 59 turned off the ignition clock 6:43. This includes stop for fuel and being flagged down for single lane passage at high water mark.

Sorry about the Nichols road thing, I just assumed the two signs, first indicating approaching the Junction of 2668, then the one that indicates the direction you should turn to get on 2668 ( both standard black on white sinage) would be sufficient, silly me should have just said look for the street sign.

Also, as of this week, when you turn onto 35 toward bay city it's 2 lane single direction traffic into bay city, the four lane is not totaly opened going out of Van Vleck I think they are finishing up the cross overs, should be both directions in a week or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts