2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure there will be a lot of opinions with this post, but mine is the Shimano Citica 200e. I have a handful of them and love em! I also own a couple Curado 200e7. Abu Revos are nice as well. For the money and my go to is still the Citica...

·
Gods blessings surround us.
12,724 Posts
Anything Shimano Citica on up. I think the old green curados and chronarch super free models are awesome. You can still get them on eBay.
Yes for sure this, look at the classified pooch913 has some very nice cu200 and a few old chronarchs that are very much like new I have seen them first hand he is a very nice older 2cooler and a friend of mine.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Citica 200e for the money. I have a Chronarch 100D7, Curado 50e, 200e7 but, since you asked for the money the Citica proves you don't necessarily need a lot of bearings to have a decent and reliable reel. jmo!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I second the Core. After throwing one of Capt. Hebert's this weekend I put two of my curados up for sale. I am a Lew's guy, but they can't hang with the Core.

·
Hook-N-Reel
995 Posts
I second the Core. After throwing one of Capt. Hebert's this weekend I put two of my curados up for sale. I am a Lew's guy, but they can't hang with the Core.
If they are CU50e please sell me one... I fished a day with my bro-in-law and he let me use is core50e that was set up on a skeleton and man i fell in love with it, it was SO nice... Thing is the Curado50e and the Cronarch50e are exactly the same and the both of them are exactly the same as the Core50e EXCEPT for the core has a magnesium frame so it weighs about 2oz less, but requires CONSTANT deligent scrub downs(Magnesium and salt don't like each other and salt wins every time) and the biggest kicker of all is the Core cost $150 more than the CU50e/CH050e, and the CU50e are hard to find(new) since they discontinued. So for the money I go with the Chronarch 50e

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
The answer to this question is almost totally dependent on a persons willingness to maintain the reel.

DO NOT buy a really high end reel if you intend on cleaning it every 25th trip. You WILL be dissapointed very quickly if you do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts