2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas as to where to catch 8 to 10 inch mullet of large shad?

Figured that fresh mullet or shad would be better than icefish, cigar minnows.

Also plan on going out Sunday, given the weather holds out of Galveston,
20 to 30 miles

Any comments ?

Thanks, Use2b

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Not sure about Clear Lake but I just drove down the seawall in Galveston and there are schools of mullet by the thousands in the surf.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Horsepen Bayou

right where it crosses Bay Area. Walk north of the bridge to the BIG culvert you can see on the bank. Can usually get all the bait you need in a couple of casts. Good mix of mullet and shad.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Best place to find a good 8-10" mullet is in Texas City or Pasadena... you might also try a Monster Truck show when it comes to town. Enough good mullets there to last you all season. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
"I don't care who you are, thats funny"
Reel Deal Fountain said:
Best place to find a good 8-10" mullet is in Texas City or Pasadena... you might also try a Monster Truck show when it comes to town. Enough good mullets there to last you all season. ;)

·
Fishin' 4 Crappie
345 Posts
Where are you getting mullet in Pasadena?

Reel Deal Fountain said:

·
Super Moderator
3,737 Posts
Look for any place they sell RedMan, Pearl Beer and toothbrushs (as opposed to a teethbrush)...they are usually concentrated there!

Hogpaw said:
Where are you getting mullet in Pasadena?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I agree with 1big..

I fished the beachfront last night and the mullet 8" to 12" were there in the THOUSANDS>.... I reached out and grabbed a few lol, Got wet but did it

Now is the time.. Take the cast net and go catch enough for summer lol

Thomas

·
15,099 Posts
CAPSIZED said:
Not sure about Clear Lake but I just drove down the seawall in Galveston and there are schools of mullet by the thousands in the surf.
Tens of thousands................looks like 1978 again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was out at San Luis Pass today and caught a bunch of Mullet from finger sized to 8". I watched several flounder chasing the schools around - first time I have actually witnessed flounder as very active hunters.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Took mullet offshore once and they ended up being the joke of the trip. Nothing wanted to touch the little stinkers. Last time I took mullet. Shad good....Mullet bad!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts