2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
I have a recipe for no-fail homemade crust if your interested. It's easy and works every time. Was handed down to me from my grandmother. I will have to look up the pecan pie recipe, but it is delicious.

·
Glub-Glub-Glub
856 Posts
my best

MUDDY BOTTOM PECAN PIE
· Ala Mark Moore aka Pescador Viejo Loco
3 eggs & 1 extra yolk
½ cup dark corn syrup
½ cup light corn syrup
2/3 to ¾ cup Splenda depends on how really sweet you want it (I USE 2/3 CUP) (or SUGAR 1 CUP)
1 HEAVY cup pecan pieces
2 table spoons real butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 unbaked DEEP DISH (I like Pet Ritz)pastry shell
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to accurate 400 degrees

In a small bowl beat eggs very slightly(OVER BEATING CAUSES LOTS OF FOAM AND PIE WILL OVERFLOW), FOLD in corn syrup, splenda(or Sugar), butter, vanilla and salt… FOLD in pecans till all pecans are thoroughly coated.
IF FILLING IS FROTHY OR HAS FOAMY, LET REST FOR 10 MINUTES OR SO BEFORE POURING INTO PIE SHELL.
Spread chocolate chips in bottom of pie shell ( press lightly to prevent chips fro floating when filling is poured in), pour filling into pie shell…
RECOMMEND BAKING ON COOKIE SHEET INCASE OF OVERFLOW WHILE BAKING.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees then lower temperature to 350 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, remove from oven and allow to completely cool before serving
Enjoy

·
I can't Member
253 Posts
Texas Maple Pecan Pie

Here's one that my wife makes that is most excellent. The key to the taste of it is attributed to the use of maple syrup as opposed to corn syrup. Also, there is no salt in the recipe.

Texas Maple Pecan Pie

4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans
¼ cup butter
1 pie crust

Cream butter to soften. Add sugar gradually and cream 'til fluffy. Add syrup and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Stir in pecans. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Top with full half pecans in your desired pattern. Bake @ 350° for 50 minutes, or 'til knife comes out clean. Cool before serving.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
They were advertising a "Paula Dean" burbon Pecan pie ,before thanksgiving ,but I couldn't find it in the local Krogers,HEB or 24 hr. Wall Mart.....anybody try it????

·
Registered
832 Posts
1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of karo syrup
2 tbs. of butter
3 eggs slightly beated
1/8 t. of vanilla
1 cup of pecans

preheat oven at 400*
cook at 400* for 15 min.
reduce heat to 325* and cook for 30 - 35 min.
center should be slightly soft and edges should be set

·
Registered
156 Posts
MUDDY BOTTOM PECAN PIE
· Ala Mark Moore aka Pescador Viejo Loco
3 eggs & 1 extra yolk
½ cup dark corn syrup
½ cup light corn syrup
2/3 to ¾ cup Splenda depends on how really sweet you want it (I USE 2/3 CUP) (or SUGAR 1 CUP)
1 HEAVY cup pecan pieces
2 table spoons real butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 unbaked DEEP DISH (I like Pet Ritz)pastry shell
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to accurate 400 degrees

In a small bowl beat eggs very slightly(OVER BEATING CAUSES LOTS OF FOAM AND PIE WILL OVERFLOW), FOLD in corn syrup, splenda(or Sugar), butter, vanilla and saltÂ… FOLD in pecans till all pecans are thoroughly coated.
IF FILLING IS FROTHY OR HAS FOAMY, LET REST FOR 10 MINUTES OR SO BEFORE POURING INTO PIE SHELL.
Spread chocolate chips in bottom of pie shell ( press lightly to prevent chips fro floating when filling is poured in), pour filling into pie shellÂ…
RECOMMEND BAKING ON COOKIE SHEET INCASE OF OVERFLOW WHILE BAKING.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees then lower temperature to 350 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, remove from oven and allow to completely cool before serving
Enjoy
This was the Pie at Thanksgiving.. The Muddy Bottom Pecan Pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
They were advertising a "Paula Dean" burbon Pecan pie ,before thanksgiving ,but I couldn't find it in the local Krogers,HEB or 24 hr. Wall Mart.....anybody try it????
Three Brothers Bakery had Bourbon Pecan pie that looked tasty. Their Chocolate Fudge pecan pie also looked like a tasty winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts