2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
you need to do an all out assault - bathe the dog with a flea shampoo, wash bedding, treat house & yard. all about the same time.

make sure the whatever product you use will kill adult fleas and larvae as well - or you get to do it all over again in 3 weeks ;)

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
ROBOWADER said:
Weimer is about 120lbs and the pointer is about 35lbs.

Thanks
Advantage Once-A-Month treatment (from Dr. Davis' price)

Weimer would get the Advantage "Blue" box for dogs Over 55 lbs. 4 pack - $35.95

The Pointer would get the Advantage "Red" box for dogs 21-55 lbs. 4 pack - $33.95

K9 Advantix for fleas, ticks and mosquitoes Over 55 lbs. $52.75

K9 Advantix for 21-55 lbs. $49.75

CF?

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Bath dog with Lemon Fresh Joy and lather it up real good. Let it sit on him for a few minutes before rinse.

Then get some Advantage from the Vet and put on the back of his neck.

If you have them in the carpet get some Carpet Flee stuff made from Veterinaries Perscriptives.

Treat your yard with Durasban after all this rain is done with. If you do it now it will be in the creek.

FN

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
treat your house b4 you treat the yard. someone once said blue dawn dishwashing soap works on the dog. if your dogs are outside all the time, it's gonna be hard to eliminate the fleas completely. advantage once a month.

G

·
I used to use Advantage, but my Vet switched us over to Frontline Plus. Lucy is also on Interceptor once a month preventative treatment for heart & most other kinds of worms.

:rybka:

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
You can also go to Harbormaster's place. Last I heard he was hiring out to do it the old school way. He went to Africa to learn it so he is well versed.
last I heard he would even play you a tune while you wait. I'm a pickin and he's a grinnin!

Biggie:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Bigwater said:
You can also go to Harbormaster's place. Last I heard he was hiring out to do it the old school way. He went to Africa to learn it so he is well versed.
last I heard he would even play you a tune while you wait. I'm a pickin and he's a grinnin!

Isn't this the method he learned in Africa?

Attachments

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Pat P said:
Isn't this the method he learned in Africa?
Yes Pat...that is the method we are recommending now. It is much more thorough. In fact those are the two specimens that HM used to practice with. I've seen that pic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts