2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best underwater lights for my dock down in Rockport? I like the green lights the best but am open to anybody's comment that has put some in. The dock is on the Intercoastal in 4.5' of water if that matters.

Thanks!

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Who has the best underwater lights for my dock down in Rockport? I like the green lights the best but am open to anybody's comment that has put some in. The dock is on the Intercoastal in 4.5' of water if that matters.

Thanks!
don't know much about them other than the neghbors have a few of the green underwater lights and they produce. 5 foot or so. I always yak out at night and take a few trout from them. Plus it doesn't light up the entire bay sayin "Potlickers check me out" as I am the potlicker!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Gary Lunt Inc

(361) 537-8333

Great guy that makes a great light. I just bought another one the first of November and installed myself, but Gary will also put them in if you want. He is in Port Aransas.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
don't know much about them other than the neghbors have a few of the green underwater lights and they produce. 5 foot or so. I always yak out at night and take a few trout from them. Plus it doesn't light up the entire bay sayin "Potlickers check me out" as I am the potlicker!
What are you catchin those trout on under lights?? I can never get em to bite, drives me nuts!!

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
What are you catchin those trout on under lights?? I can never get em to bite, drives me nuts!!
gotta go SMALL! If they are feeding, they hit just about anything. If they are just swimmin around, I use a inch long glass minnow with a very light jig head. I use the "grubs" that are for Crappie fishing. Lot of schoolies, but passes the time. I get them from the "Pan fish" lure section of your local Academey or BPS.

If all else fails, I've been told that a small live shrimp free lines with a circle hook works wonders as well. Not that I would EVER use live bait. 2 inch penny gulps work great also. Yea I got a bag of them. I have no pride when it comes to killin them off a potlicked underwater light.:rotfl:

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
:headknock:headknock:headknockI'll have to give that a shot, they never hit anything i throw!
Yea thay are not easy. Some days I throw the entire box at them. Learned that the small grub inch long with tiny lead head works the best. Something almost clear, maybe gold glitter. I figured it out when one I did finally catch trew up a belly full of those clear glass minnows at me. I spit on him in return, dug to the bottom of the box and found an old tiny little grub....BAM it was on

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
We sell the green lights & have (2) styles. The 1st is a mercury vapor bulb on a photo cell that can detect night & day & comes in 50, 75, & 100' cords. The other is a completely sealed unit (meaning the bulb isn't exposed at all & protected), has a timer but no photo cell, & is offered in 50' lengths. Click on the link below but don't pay attention to the retail price listed, 2cooler's always get distributors pricing.

http://www.boatliftdistributors.com/Accessories-Under-Water-Fishing-Lights/c37_71/index.html

Thanks,
Michael Fulweber
Boat Lift Distributors, Inc.
800-657-9998

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Try these underwater dock lights at: http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/ You will not be disappointed and you will be quite amazed at thier construction and durability! Go the site, Tom's website has as wealth of information. GFCI adapters, bulbs, tubes, all parts, etc...all come in a package and it's made easy for you. Just to give you an idea how powerful and economical they are, I attached a photo below of what just one of his lights can do. Call Tom at 1-785-259-1343. Tell him Hector from Victoria sent you. -Hector

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts