2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding the best BBQ in the greater Houston area. Obviously can't find anything to compete with the good ol hill country BBQ but what's your favorite?

·
Registered
117 Posts
bar-b-q

texaggie2007 said:
I need help finding the best BBQ in the greater Houston area. Obviously can't find anything to compete with the good ol hill country BBQ but what's your favorite?
Lyndon's Pit Bar-B-Q..........290 and Hollister

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Emeril came here (or maybe it was just the Food Network) and came up with a hole in the wall as the best bbq. I had never heard of the place and had to look it up in the business pages. I swore I was gonna go check it out.

Does anyone else remember that?

But I can tell you its hard to go to bbq places with the Mrs. She has got it down and could put people out of business if she tried.

·
Banned
186 Posts
speckle-catcher knows good BBQ, and I 2nd Luling City Market dont miss the links they are great and so is the sauce, Goode Co. is also good BBQ

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
Lydon's is good too - especially their pulled pork sandwich.

Blake's BBQ on Jeanetta is good, but I think the portions are rather small for the price he charges.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Mo's was hard to beat but they changed owners still in the family but the old guy is gone and so is the quality I think it is the old guy's sons son

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Leon's on Broadway in Galveston.

Also Brews on 2cool.:)

·
Banned
756 Posts
Anybody in the Cl Kemah LaPorte Pasadena area MUST try Hoppie's Texican grill in LaPorte. By far the tastiest and Ive had Luling, Goode, Pappa. Gus all of them over the years.
About a 1/2 mile west of 146 and Spencer. A cinderblock building . Mike the owner programs his own blues,Texas music everyday. His wife makes the Best Chocolate fudge brownies, they offer a special everyday. Monday and Friday are all you can eat Gumbo (chicken and sausage) two ways w/ rice or w/o. I think it has the best flavored hamburgers ,taste smoked not dry, the food is just wonderful and I ate there everyday when I worked in LaPorte. I miss it more than the job. Shiner on draft too.
The tacos come 2 to a plate and thats all you can eat believe me.

·
One day at a time!!
803 Posts
Several here that I like, but I love me some BBQ....Carl's, Otto's, Demeris and Goode Company..just depends which I'm closest to and that is usually Carl's

·
I don't member much.
299 Posts
Thelma's (downtown) Post Oak Ranch (South Post Oak)Joe's (Alvin)

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
PinStripe said:
Mo's was hard to beat but they changed owners still in the family but the old guy is gone and so is the quality I think it is the old guy's sons son
Well, thats not good. When I lived in Foxwood, I ate there often.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Gary I loved the Mo Spud and the ribs and the Bear Burger and the chopped Beef sand well every thing but they are not on the level anymore not bad just not real Mo's

·
fishes with calcutta
1,772 Posts
I like JR’s on Bingle & Little York. Better than average. Goode Company is great. Mine is the best.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts