2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know the best thing to use for AJ's? I think blue-runners,or piggy perch for live baits. A diamond jig is pretty good or a butter-fly jig. Do you know where the AJ's are? I do have some really good spots in my book with some more not in the book.

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
1,618 Posts
Getting to where its not even practical to own an offshore boat.
It was never practical, just enjoyable. Now it’s getting to the point of not even being that. Fishing used to be something great to do, building memories that didn’t require a monster budget. Now most folks spend as much on a boat as the house they live in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They will bite anything...my son caught this one (1/2 of one) first weekend in June on freelined 12" mullet. We were repositioning back uphill on a wreck to re-start an drift for ARS and this one hit a spinning, dead (because I was dragging it), mullet we were dragging at about 10kts behind the boat...it was an impressive topwater bite, and good fight...until Jaws ate 1/2 the fish :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I personally don’t stop and make live bait. I like big menhaden and thread herring. One thru the eye strung thru the hook where it floats sideways and one double hooked. Thru the eye and back. 2 baits. If you’re in a target rich area then baits really don’t matter. Atleast to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
I personally don’t stop and make live bait. I like big menhaden and thread herring. One thru the eye strung thru the hook where it floats sideways and one double hooked. Thru the eye and back. 2 baits. If you’re in a target rich area then baits really don’t matter. Atleast to me

Wowzer. Them are donkeys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts