2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best all around baitcasting rod.Something that can handle corkies to a sea devil to maybe a cork. thanks.

·
Josh Finch
1,459 Posts
My new favorite is Laguna Extreme redfish special. I got 1 from them to try out and just asked them to make me 2 more, I'm putting every other rod down, it is amazing!

·
Banned
586 Posts
My new favorite is Laguna Extreme redfish special. I got 1 from them to try out and just asked them to make me 2 more, I'm putting every other rod down, it is amazing!
Let me know where to pick up the ones you are dropping....

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
McBride had me look at the FTU Brown and Green custom rods.

Good warranty as compared to a lot of rods.

Lord knows ( Well Maybe Kenny too) just how many discussions we have had on High end rods and their warranty or lack of one depending on what happened to that person.

Most makers will have some good deals for the Fishing Show in March.
Probably your best place to go try all the major player's rods in the same room and get the lowest price of the year on a good rod. Now remember the BS will get quite deep in the fishing show. Wear your waders. :) ;)

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,640 Posts
Action

IMO if you want an all around round that will throw corkies, tops, and a cork... that's probably going to be a medium action.

I personally like a medium light because I can throw tails from 1/16th oz to 5/8th oz skitter walks and if I need to 3/4 oz supper spooks. If you meant click cork and a assasin then you'll still be ok with a med light.

I use a diff rod for live bait with corks because with all the terminal tackle and the wieght of the live bait is going to be typically heavier... I Use a medium heavy for that.

I use a TTF Trout tamer 1/8th - 5/8th med light. I use a Kistler spinning rod in the same action to change it up a little.

Other rods mentioned are all awesome rods as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can spend up to 250. I think I might just wait for the fishing show in march and see whats out there. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Googan
2,182 Posts
Get with the guy right above your last post, he'll make you a helluva custom rod for way less than $250. It'll rival all the high end rods out there and save you some money in the meantime.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
Price the custom rods and do wait to purchase at the boat show or after you have tested what felt good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use a ugly stick my grandy gave me. I can outfish any of you hi dollar rods, and have $ left over four beer lol. :an6:

Its not the rod its how you use it. :doowapsta

1 - 16 of 16 Posts