2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started drifting slicks about 7 am monday, caught a small black drum on a silver spoon. about 8:30 9:00 caught two slot reds on spoons(20" & 21"). wind picked up around 9:30 10:00 and mess up water conditions (muddy). saw some good boils and schools of bait jumping out of the water throughout the morning. just was not holding my mouth right i suppose. the way the conditions were early that morning thought we would catch more.

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Nice report. Good to see another person fishing my neck of the woods. I haven't been back in Bessies in a few months. Were there any signs of oil from the spill. The company I work for was in charge of getting the park back to normal. Putting in new Rip-rap and designing new topping of the parking lot. How far back did you go? I bet the reds are tailing in the back. Keep up the posts.

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not see any oil... it all looked good. Although, I was looking for fish and not oil....

I launched there and went up river to the second ditch, ran out to the middle of that flat and started our drift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts