2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took some rain time off today and watched old shows- Cheers, Johnny Carson, and Newhart. I laughed out loud. I personally don't see any "funny" shows these days. I had to watch a Simpson the other day- my brother did his own voice over on a parady of him, and as I told him, "I watched your intro, had to skip over the rest." Anybody else feel this way, or is it just the age thing-like rap vs rock? Goodness I feel old.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Go spend $20 and get a year of 'All in the Family' .... you will choke laughing and get a serious jolt from today's politically correct crowd

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
I agree. The only really good one I still watch a lot is Sanford and Son.

My grandpa was a cross between Archie Bunker and Fred Sanford, can you imagine?

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts

I can !!!.. You just described ME !!! :biggrin:

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I love those shows.. I watch them whenever they come on TVLand or I watch them on hulu.com.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

What a hoot! I forgot about those! My husband was in the hospital after double hernia surgey when he first saw that one! Needless to say, he called for more pain meds he lauhged so hard,

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I was more of a "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" or "Hogan's Heroes" person. Not always humorous but good shows.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
I was more of a "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" or "Hogan's Heroes" person. Not always humorous but good shows.
"I know NOTHING!!!", Sergeant Shultz.

Hogan's Heroes was good. I loved MASH too and still watch it, but liberal Alan Alda turns my stomach.

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
my oldie favorite is the andy griffith show, the older ones. hogans heros, gunsmoke, bonanza...they just don't make em like that anymore. oprah, dr. phil, montel and the others have todays viewers...but not me. and how about the comedies on saturday morning? i channel surfed sat. morning and thought they were all sub par as compared to superman, batman, etc.

i guess our parents said things along the same lines...

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
nip-it, nip-it in the bud (Barney Fife)
Hello, hello, to you, to you, from me, from me, it's Earnest T.

How do you do Mrs. Wiley?

The funniest comedies on today are the kid's one on Nickelodeon like Zack and Cody, I-Carly, and Drake and Josh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts