2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the deer I killed the opening weekend of bow season.
I need to know where to take him to get him scored. His main beam on the messed up side does some weird things and I have no idea where to start on him.

thanks

Attachments

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I think a certified scorer would scratch his head on that one, thats some serious junk there...WW

·
Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms!!!!
2,944 Posts
2cool.....good luck on the score.....

·
Registered
762 Posts
When you find someone give me a holler, I got one I have been curious about as well. He has 13 scorable points, but this is the most I can get in a picture.

Would have been nice to have seen the ones he broke off his left side, it is a pretty big area where they split off, we are guessing about like the right side.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
He will be difficult to score....but who cares!!!! What a cool deer. I would love to have one like that. Score is over rated anyway.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could care less about the score--I am more curious as to how you would go about scroing it.

I don't remember who it was but somebody PM'd that they would score it for me back when I put it up on the other post about first weekend. unfortunately I erased it by mistake.

thanks

·
proficient exprofessional
1,159 Posts
:smile:

agteacher - that was me that pm'd you. I will be happy to score him for you (certified for Buckmasters, but can tell you P&Y/B&C).

Will score yours too if you like Screeminreel.

With what I do for a livin', this is my busiest time of year, and personally busy through Jan. If ya'll can hold till then, my scheduale loosens (big time) 'round Feb.-March.

Would be glad to measure them. More complicated then typicals, but I've scored many similar.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:smile:

agteacher - that was me that pm'd you. I will be happy to score him for you (certified for Buckmasters, but can tell you P&Y/B&C).

Will score yours too if you like Screeminreel.

With what I do for a livin', this is my busiest time of year, and personally busy through Jan. If ya'll can hold till then, my scheduale loosens (big time) 'round Feb.-March.

Would be glad to measure them. More complicated then typicals, but I've scored many similar.
you bet just let me know when would like to do it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
A friend of mine shot this one with a bow last year on our place. We also scratched our heads on how to score it. We conferred with another friend who is a game warden and has been to "scoring school" He said on the nontypical side pick the beam, which I can see what I would consider the beam by looking at the picture to get your beam length and mass measurements. Then just measure the other tines as you normally would.

This buck scored 142 if I remember right.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts