2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..Now that I got your attention...
I went to the doc last week and had blood work done...Everything looked good except he said my liver enzymes where a tab high....I am not no where a heavy drinker....maybe a 6 pack a week if that....So my question is do you continue to drink beer or just give it up and continue eating contaminated trout?

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
drink more beer and eat more contaminted trout.

Start taking a multi vitamin with liver support. Something with milk thistle in it.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
You can always eat another kind of meat..........

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Ok..Now that I got your attention...
I went to the doc last week and had blood work done...Everything looked good except he said my liver enzymes where a tab high....I am not no where a heavy drinker....maybe a 6 pack a week if that....So my question is do you continue to drink beer or just give it up and continue eating contaminated trout?
what's a tad high? what were your values?

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
you should never take tylenol with alcohol. never.
Thanks, Bruce...I wuz biteing my tongue...LOL

AND...Boyzzzz...keep a weather eye on them liver enzymes...or you may wake up one AM and the whole world...and YOU...can turn as yellow as a lemon...(Don't ask me how I know this..LOL (slightly)...)

All thangs in moderation, Lads... It can sneak up on ya...sad_smiles

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what's a tad high? what were your values?
I don't really know what the readings were. He did show me but.......The doc wants me to come back in 90 days to run another blood sample...

What I am asking here..do I not drink a beer for 90 days or just go on with my life and try other things to lower the values.....

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Yep, I've always heard that Tylenol is particularly bad for your liver.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
get one of those colon cleansers... flush your entire body out and clean your colon.

LMAO... nahhh... beer raises triglycerides and such with cholesterol, didn't know it jacked with the liver with as little as you drink... might be something else going on that he will inspect and nothing to do with your diet.. hope you get a good report next time.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Hep C,Meat,Etc

Hep C makes your liver go up as well.

Eating meat all the time causes high enzymes as well.

I strong pot of coffee a day will suppress the liver also (GOOD THING)

Go and see a Gastro and get on a plan. I spent 6 months on chemo last year for a rare liver cancer one in a million ever get. I thought I contracted some bad disease but turns out was rare. I am 35 if that tells you anything.

Chemo was @#$%^&U*I(O) hell on me. Not trying to scare you but switch to whiskey and know your limits.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts