2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddie call last night and said to watch my butt at the lease.....said someone passed away yesterday from a bee attack. I couldnt find it in the news, anyone have any info ?? I ve got a huge hive in the wall of a run down building behind my trailer on the deer lease. (20feet) Little paranoid when cuttin the grass !!

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess for my kids sake and myself Id better get a bee-keeper down there to kill'em or something. Do honeybees eventually move on as the colder weather moves around ??

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
In reading the story, it appears he died from a heart attack that was unrelated to any bee stings he sustained.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Shug was an incredible guy. Coached flag football for my sons when they were starting gradeschool. His son played basketball w/ my oldest, we used to sit near each other and kid around at the games. Would give you the shirt off his back. We'll really miss him here.

I'll post up if they find these bees were africanized, I don't know that right now, but apparently it was a massive heart attack that got Shug, later in the afternoon. He got stung fighting the bees off another guy w/ a fire extinguisher.

The crowd at the hospital was huge, and they are having his memorial service at the community center, due to expected numbers of friends.

This sucks.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts