2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again. You gotta go see this young girl! She is beautiful, young and very friendly. If you have been looking for a dog here is your chance to save a life! The shelter she is at STAYS full! They can't keep them more than a few days so please go look. Click on picture for more information about her and the shelter and please call before you go down there, they have short hours. They have a very low adoption fee too. I think it is only about $65.00 and that includes the spay or neuter, heartworm check and rabies shot!

·
Fishing expert, but not catching expert.
345 Posts
I will try to talk the wife into it. I grew up with pointers my whole life in Lake Tahoe and had a couple here. The only problem is that we have a 6 month old, and I think it might be a little early to get a dog.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
My English Pointer does great with the kids. However at 6 months you would have to watch'em.

Mine youngest is 2 but they have been around each other since he was born.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
go get her and bring your wife a dozen roses AND a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure. Good luck!

btw, we had a blue tick who was around my kids from the moment they came home from the hospital and we never had a problem.

flounderpounder10 said:
I will try to talk the wife into it. I grew up with pointers my whole life in Lake Tahoe and had a couple here. The only problem is that we have a 6 month old, and I think it might be a little early to get a dog.

·
Fishing expert, but not catching expert.
345 Posts
Yeah just talked with the wife. She agrees it is too early. It is just hard to pass on it. It is around $300 to $500 to get a puppy. Someone needs to jump all over this. Like I said before I had them when I was a kid, my dad had them when he was a kid, and when my baby gets older I will get another one.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Bring her home anyways

flounderpounder10 said:
Yeah just talked with the wife. She agrees it is too early. It is just hard to pass on it. It is around $300 to $500 to get a puppy. Someone needs to jump all over this. Like I said before I had them when I was a kid, my dad had them when he was a kid, and when my baby gets older I will get another one.
That is pretty much what I did. I had a buddy bring her up for me from Rockport and then brought her home. Wife loves the dog now but she was pizzed at 1st. Good thing is she got over it...

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
folks, you can offer to foster this dog too. That means you keep it until a permanent home is found. I would, but can't right now. Still working on Sadeye and helped bail Duke out. Someone take this creature into their home.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going to try again! I know someone here needs a good dog!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
That's a great looking dog. I don't have room. I really don't or I would take her. Can someone take her for just a little while?

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
I showed her pic to my daughters and they're still trying to butter up Momma, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Is she housbroken? I'd jump all over this but I don't think I could make it work working 4 12's on then 4 off and my girlfriend working 6-5 monday through friday. Someone adopt this pooch she's too cute.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
have you posted this on any hunting boards. Would love to take her, but just dont have the room or I would.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
She looks like a really sweet and beautiful dog, but with 2 large Weimaraners, a kid and a small house we just don't have the room. Hope someone spared her...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts