2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, that's all it was, a beautiful day on Trinity Bay. Put in at Kemah around 2:30pm. Made a bumpy run across to Trinity. Ran all up the North Shoreline all the way to Jack's pocket. On the way fished some muddy streaks in which I found a huge pod of mullet on the surface. They got busted a couple of times and I thought I was in, not. Headed North to find nothing until I got to Jack's. Tons of shad being hammered by at least 50 Pelicans. Once again thought I was in, not. Couldn't stay long because I knew I was a long way from home and wasn't sure how long and rough a ride it was gonna be back across the channel. Made a wide swing back through the wells just south of there and found nothing. Hit the Seabrook shoreline to only find one ski trout but bait really gettin active around sunset.

Beautiful afternoon on the bay and nice to be out, but would have been nice to find the birds I was looking for. Thought for sure if I covered enough water I'd find em but no luck.....

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
well, atleast you got out on the water. There for awhile i was wondering if you were ever gonna get another trip in before winter! lol

Don't feel bad.. I smell of
this weekend too.. Nothing but trash and dinks for me. I've perfected Mullets B.A. slimmer trick!
--Hop

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Proffesor mullet

HOP I'm glad to that you have been able to copy my expertise at nabbing those slime balls.
Keep up the good work.
Call me manana.
I might be able to get away a little early on Friday.
Maybe we can snag a couple of those 5 lb gaftops on top waters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.