2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning after it warmed up a spell to do a little White bass fishing. As usual they are biting really well. I caught my limit along with a keeper striper and another slab crappie. I had another striper in the boat that was just under legal size and another one that straightened my hook, before I could get her in the boat.

Action was fast and furious, for just about everyone I saw out there today. Many, many boats were on the river this morning, enjoying the beautiful weather and the fierce White Bass action.

I saw Fishing Soldier out there and that is him in the yellow yak. I also saw Mattsfishin and one of his friends in the boat with him.. From what I understand, limits were caught in short order and alot of catch and release was going on.

For those of you that couldn't make it, I feel for you. We had a great time out there today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice report. are those people wading out there by those pilings? Did they do any good?
Yep they were fishing in the same spot I was, except they were pulling the bait a different way. They were throwing those casting corks with a white jig, with a pink head and letting the current move the cork along.

Like I said,They were casting in the same spot my bait was hitting the water. Those guys can cast a long way. They were catching fish too.

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,014 Posts
Congrats on the nice catch. Looks like a beautiful day to be out there. BTW, does anyone want to work for me tomorrow so I can go? LOL

·
SLIME ON THE LINE
2,339 Posts
wtg GG and thanks for calling me at work and letting me know you were going !! Made me enjoy the day at work that much more !!!LOL

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
WTG. Gator gar, and they call you Gator gar when you catch any fish. Y'all, just wait until Gator gar starts catching those blue catfish below the dam, then they will tighten up restrictions more!
Great pics GG. It looks like it does below the dam, lol.
Maybe I should have waded out and cast long. you know, not cut off fishing cold turkey like this. :spineyes:
The boat DR. should have me running by tomorrow afternoon. Many thanks for helping me out with parts dbullard!! :cop:

:an6: BTW 2coolers I went to see Sunbeam today and he was still in ICU. Having been there and not wanting anyone to visit, I thought it best to give him until tomorrow. I will tell him all of the 2coolers are thinking about him. :clover:
You notice I put all of these emoticons on your post, LOL!!!

SS

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for taking a pic of me unloading my boat.Had a wonderful day despite some bad apples
If that was you in that Bass Boat that ran into me twice today and the second time, your motor hung in my anchor line..............Then I am your "Bad apple". Please tell me it isn't you, because I have a lecture prepared for you on Boat Etiquette and Launch Etiquette.

If it was you, then I apologize for crawling all over your arse in front of your wife, but that is as far as the apology goes.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone see the Game Warden working the ramps???? Heard they were pulling some over as they left following them down the road. I had 2 calls telling me where they were and I just missed them. Imagine that.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
I mentioned it to ya GG but I saw him snooping around the vehicles up on the hill, then he left. He had no boat but I bet it won't be long and they will be out there motoring around.

Looing back at your pics GG it looks as if your first picture has Longhorn backing down the ramp. That may be what he means.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I mentioned it to ya GG but I saw him snooping around the vehicles up on the hill, then he left. He had no boat but I bet it won't be long and they will be out there motoring around.

Looing back at your pics GG it looks as if your first picture has Longhorn backing down the ramp. That may be what he means.
One guy called and said they had one of the boaters pulled over on loop 330 or 333 or something like that by Gokleys store. I don't know what number all the roads are, but there were two wardens working and there was on with a boat behind the truck. The one you saw, I don't think had a boat.

I had my clicker with me today and my count was on the money. No worries for me, unless you count the two days that I had to go back to get my life jackets out of the back of the truck.

I've got two paddles, two fire extenquishers, a horn and two anchors I had two whistles, but they "Blew" off down the road on 190.

·
Banned
764 Posts
If that was you in that Bass Boat that ran into me twice today and the second time, your motor hung in my anchor line..............Then I am your "Bad apple". Please tell me it isn't you, because I have a lecture prepared for you on Boat Etiquette and Launch Etiquette.

If it was you, then I apologize for crawling all over your arse in front of your wife, but that is as far as the apology goes.
No sir that was not me.My wife was home .The bad apple i was refering to was a pantoon boat that parked right in from of where we were casting

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I had a friend of mine tell me last sunday he saw people over their limits and taking fish to their vehicles and coming back for more. Maybe someone reported this going on. I mentioned this before but I was stopped last year and the GW gave me his card and asked me to report people doing this and I would receive 10 % of the fine. He also said they would stop them down the road. Maybe someone else is trying to get some extra money. I have never reported anyone but I will if I see people using a castnet on whites and taking them to their vehicle. I did see this last year but did not have the GW's card. Sometimes we all can get carried away and have an extra fish but using a castnet is uncalled for.

Matt

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a friend of mine tell me last sunday he saw people over their limits and taking fish to their vehicles and coming back for more. Maybe someone reported this going on. I mentioned this before but I was stopped last year and the GW gave me his card and asked me to report people doing this and I would receive 10 % of the fine. He also said they would stop them down the road. Maybe someone else is trying to get some extra money. I have never reported anyone but I will if I see people using a castnet on whites and taking them to their vehicle. I did see this last year but did not have the GW's card. Sometimes we all can get carried away and have an extra fish but using a castnet is uncalled for.

Matt
That is what was told to me probably happened. Someone called in on somebody. Looked like they were targeting a certain vehicle. The best thing to do is stay legal and not sweat it. I don't think we need more than 25 white per head anyway. Especially fishing everyday almost. If you need the Game Wardens number, let me know. I have Ryan Halls cell phone number. It's public info, so it's no big deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts