2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size the bearing that sits at the base of the spool that is mounted on the spool shaft of a Shimano Chronarch 100A... I have found the bearings that fit on each end but cannot find the other. Also where is the best place to buy upgraded bearings... ABEC 5 or even Ceramics?

Thanks in advance!

Speckwrangler

·
fish control my brain
7,727 Posts
http://hatterasoutfitters.com/index1.html

For the spool bearing, call shimano and buy one of their Anti-Rust-Bearings, and take it to FTU and have them put it on.

Thats bearing is a B!Tch to get on and off due to the little pin, and you run the risk of bending your spool if your not careful.

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,629 Posts
The bearing is 5X11X4. I am not sure you can get it in ARB or ceramic. None of the newer reels from Shimano have that bearing any more. Bocca or QBC (internet) sells them in ABEC-7. A little tricky to get out, but after you do one, it is a piece of cake.

Mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have actually removed it alltogether from the reel and ir worked great and made it free spool very good... This is all fine and good if you use monofilament line... But if you use PP or braided it puts the spool in a bind and makes it jerky... So I will have to re-install the bearing..

THanks for all the help and suggestions.

SW

·
Registered
723 Posts
How do you remove the pin from the spool shaft?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a pair of needle nose pliers and bite the shaft but only let one of the jaws touch the pin and push it thru... I hope I explained that right... Be very careful not to damage the spool or shaft.

SW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts