2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at beachfront at around 5:45am. threw topwater (blk/chrt top dog & pink skitterwalk) for about 45 minutes. Only one blow up. When sun came out, noticed water wasn't as green as I would like, more of a sandy green. Surf was flat. Started to throw shrimp and caught 3 keeper trout in the next 2 hours. Called it the day after that. It was getting greener when I left. May get better the next couple of days.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
It was plenty green enough this morning at Jamaica Beach. I started throwing a black SSjr. at 6:00 and limited out about the time the sun hit the horizon. Went home, ate breakfast, went back and caught a bunch more trout on an silver spoon with red spots.
No big fish though. The largest was 18'. :smile:

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I should have went further west towards you Kenny. Maybe should have waded 8 mile rd. I threw a silver spoon also, but no takers.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I was casting the spoon, letting it fall, and setting the hook. If that didn't work I lifed it up and let it flutter down over and over. They didn't seem too aggresive and wanted it pretty slow.
I'm headed back out shortly as soon as I get some of the hot brownies the Mrs. just baked. LOL

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I'm glad to see some good surf reports. We forget with all of the new baits out and coming out, that a silver and gold spoons have caught more fish than most of them, and should be a go too bait.
I hope the conditions continue to be better, and I can fish the surf this week.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
It's sandy inshore now and the wind is trying to come around. I caught one more trout when I went back.

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
Question

kenny said:
It was plenty green enough this morning at Jamaica Beach. I started throwing a black SSjr. at 6:00 and limited out about the time the sun hit the horizon. Went home, ate breakfast, went back and caught a bunch more trout on an silver spoon with red spots.
No big fish though. The largest was 18'. :smile:
I thought you were wading on a reef? When did you decide to have breakfast pre/post shark attack?

·
Registered
339 Posts
no, they weren't real aggressive, but they were hitting anything and everything. world class day. it doesn't get much better than this. almost every cast from 6-8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts