2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to walk to the beach and take a look and a few pics of the surf. My $100. camera doesn't have a great zoom 3X optical.

It's hard to tell the surf is overhead but if you've ever surfed you know it always looks smaller from the beach than the lineup.
I then drove around JB and tried to get a feel of what's happening here. Again not to successfully.

The first couple are on or by the main canal, and there are a few out-of-town boat owners whose boats are in the sling and in the water.

The next are of the pasture off Bob Smith and Jumbile Cove.

The last ones are obviosly the beach.

Attachments

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Perfect timing Kenny. I was going to ask you what the surf looked like today. I bought my daughter a new surf board for her birthday and she has only got to go out once. I was thinking about taking her tomorrow. Thanks for the report. Have you been down to the seawall and how does it look there?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Capt.,
I went to breakfast at La Estation and the surf on the seawall is big, steep and pretty lined up.
What kind of board did she get? My 6 year old grand daughter has a custom Nezzy, maybe her dad jumped the gun!

I don't know how long your daughter has been surfing but the waves today and maybe tomorrow are not for beginners, as you probably know.

There's a surf contest tomorrow in Galveston and my son-in-law, "the tiny Kahuna", is coming from San Antonio to surf in it. Go juansurf!!!

Have fun and be careful.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Kenny, I bought her a NSP (New Surf Project) 6'8" or 6'10" can't remember. I may have to just show her how it is supposed to be done and let her take notes! LoL!! Looks like it's better than I've seen in a while. Her board is a little girly looking, but with those waves and that Galveston brown water, nobody would see that much anyway! LoL!! Are they having the surf contest down by the Flagship? Maybe we'll see you there!

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Thanks Kenny!

Seeing the surf always seems to fill me with a peaceful feeling and a sense of awe, regardless of which of her many moods she happens to be in at any given moment. I can distinctly remember the sense of AWE I had when I was chasing all my camping gear down the beach recently during one of "Mother's" nastier moods. :eek: :biggrin: Still, she's my sprirtual mother and it is not for me to question her wrath. When she is feeling more benevolent she can surely fill me with glory. I have always thougt that that was one of the main challenges of being one of her "children"...discovering and enduring/reveling in her vast array of moods. Strange as it sounds, I love them all. I guess you could say that I just love some of them better than others. :rolleyes:

Being there is always best. You get the smells and sounds and feel as well as the visual but I had no chance of getting down there today or for several day yet so your pictures are a refreshing treat for me.

I hope you are aware of the fact that when you take the time to do something like this, that you make the day a little better for a lot of people. All of them won't/can't post up in here with their thanks and appreciation but remember, there are many lurkers out there and even if you get only get a few responses you can be sure you had many more views and I don't know too many folks in here that don't like pics of the beach/surf.

So, if I may take the liberty of speaking for lots of folks in here, thank you for these reports and pics you post up. You are a class act, my friend, and your efforts are appreciated.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aw shucks Jack, thanks.

Capt.Doug I think it's at the Flagship starting tomorrow early. See you there.
Now WHO did you by that board for?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Kenny.

kenny said:
Aw shucks Jack, thanks.

Capt.Doug I think it's at the Flagship starting tomorrow early. See you there.
Now WHO did you by that board for?
A responsible father will "Test Run" the board. Just to make sure its safe of course.:work:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capt.
The folks running the surf contest have cancelled the event(get this) because there might not be any surf on Sunday. It's rescheduled for next weekend, like there will be surf either day next weekend! Non-refundable entry fee and Juansurf lives in San Antonio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts