2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue as to how the fishing is going on the beachfront?

Was thinking of heading down there this afternoon, and fishing the pass until dark, and then heading to the 91st street pier and fishing the lights for trout.

Also, how's the water looking?

Thanks for any info. ya'll may share.

Take it easy...............KC

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Water clarity is pretty decent right now at the Pass. Went down there last night for a few minutes with the mrs an she fed bait stealers some dead shrimp. Wind was blowing fairly strong out of the south, but the water wasn't too choppy by the bridge.

Had a light north breeze this morning and the water wasn't too choppy. If the wind stays down, it should be pretty good.

Stiglich reported people catching specks fishing on the bottom with dead shrimp at the 61st pier the other day. Go figure!

GY

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Galveston Yankee said:
Water clarity is pretty decent right now at the Pass. Went down there last night for a few minutes with the mrs an she fed bait stealers some dead shrimp. Wind was blowing fairly strong out of the south, but the water wasn't too choppy by the bridge.

Had a light north breeze this morning and the water wasn't too choppy. If the wind stays down, it should be pretty good.

Stiglich reported people catching specks fishing on the bottom with dead shrimp at the 61st pier the other day. Go figure!

GY
I heard that to. I have never had the weird luck of catching specks on dead shrimp! The only trout I've caught on dead, are tourist trout......:rotfl: More than I care to mention!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

Take it easy...........KC

·
Registered
106 Posts
I caught my biggest trout (5 pounds) in corpus using 3 dead shrimp piled on a single hook.....I guess he couldnt resist the free shrimp shish-cabob. (did i spell that right)

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,943 Posts
Weird bait

My little brother once tossed out a dried up sand trout tail at Sea Wolf Park. The old fart next to him said "Son, you woun't catch anything to take home with that !", seconds later, BAM!, 4 lb trout. Largest of the day. Neither one of them said a word the rest of the day, but one was smiling a lot more than the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts