2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice,

I got a bunch of people coming down from KC this weekend and we want to spend the day on the beach,just lounging and trying for some big reds.
Question is,how far down will we have to go? I'm figuring Matagorda.If so,where exactly would I go that we could set up on the beach in Matty,and also is cut bait available there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as these folks have been planningsince way before IKE.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've never fished matagorda so I'm not sure how far to go to fish the beach. I normally fish surfside area. As far as cut bait, you can buy some big mullet from a bait shop and use it or catch some whiting and use that for your cut bait. Good luck out there.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Im sure if you buy a cast net and go around the marshes and site cast for mullet you'll be successful. It's not a bad last resort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We usually go down about 3 to five miles. Get you some dead shrimp and catch whiting in the surf for the cut bait.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Bring a cast net. If you want to make sure you have live bait (mullet) go to the Colorado River as there is plenty there near the shore. There is a pier there just off the main road that you can also fish the Colorado.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts