2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use metal detectors while beach combing? Has anyone found anything of interest? I moved close to Indianola and would like to learn how to use one. Any suggestions on one for a beginner and about what one would cost? Thanks

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
the adventure is whats its all about kinda like fishin--gettin out there and tryin--and the bonus is catchin--so if u find something ya buddy ureka--u hit pay dirt--but i started in california prospecting for gold in my off time--found verry little but gettin out there what its about--i got a gold bug detector--very sensative--but ur lookin fer rings change--and jack sparrows treasure-----so get in the phone book on the net look up metal detectors along with the name of ur town and go for it have fun and get the family invoved make it a picknic--fun fun fun its what its about--its not about the treasure

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Reagan, do your research first,...

before buying. I have an old cheapie, and was going to upgrade 6 mos or so ago....if you are going to use it on the beach or wet sand, you need a particular type. After several hours of research, I had mine picked out, and it is written on this piece of paper right here.....ahh...maybe it is over there...nope...might be on the other desk...naw....oh, well, do your research first! LOL My cheapie wont work on the beach or wet sand.

Later
R3F

·
Banned
938 Posts
Speaking of Metal Detectors. I took mine out to my Ranch one time just to see what I could find. I gave up after having to stop ever inch to dig only to find shells and casings all over the place lol. I still haven't figured out how to ignore scrap metal on my metal detector.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
Shooter said:
All your going to find for the next few years are nails, hurricane nail plates and straps.
not necessarily true. Most experienced metal detectorists wait for this type of event to happen. Especially in areas like Matagorda beach where there is a lot of history. Hurricanes wash away years and years of built up sand, and seasoned metal detectorist take advantage of it. It's almost like going back in time to them. They are able to dig up things, like old silver coins etc, that otherwise would have been too deep and undetectable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts