2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone emailed and wanted to see a couple of things on the BC other than the fact I carry too much junk.

Couple of pxs.

One of where the state out stik is mounted so it may be moved to the front or back as needed to stay out of the way. So far up front has not been a problem. Rope is 1/2 hitched to cleat and acts as tie off rope on that side till needed. Bowlines on the end of the ropes so you can loop the rope back thru the cleat without having to retie a knot in the dark and in a hurry. You know how your fishing buddies always wait on you to get everything tied down if the fish are working. ;)

I store the "throw cushion" behind cooler tied with one tie wrap just to be sure it does not fly away along with an old life jacket on the other side that has yet to blow out. Also allows easy access for a nap as needed. :)

Third px is under steering area / fire extinguisher is mounted to the left corner. One battery so another life jacket , small bag with qt motor oil and gas additive and spray lube in the space. Also my fishing bag ties in the outside space out of the way. Rope runs thru from side pole holder on each side.

Lowes had the best deal on door mats to put in the front hatches and/or under the front cooler to pull out for the anchor to rest on.

Leaning post has Walmart special plastic rectangular containers to keep all of the mess in there separated.

I carry the 360 light slipped inside a small piece of pvc and in one of the hatches. Someone else has his mounted on the back of the leaning rail.

About the only thing I do not like about the BC is the placement of the 360 as the light tends to get in your eyes. I have a piece of eletrical tape to block this out of the drivers eyes. Appears to work ok.
Do need to find a cheap led set up to plug in on the 360.

Donny said state got on his butt about the low motor mount 360 in the back. Too low and not visable from the front.

Jim

Sorry one px is rotated 90 on the throw coushin.

Also put my fold down windshield in an old pillow case to keep from scratching it. JUST remember to take it down before putting the boat in the garage. As me I know. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Jim,
Move your light to the top of your cowling. You may not be legal that way, but if you are running with tape over the back half of your current light pole, your out of regs anyway. That light in the eye stuff is for the birds!

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is semi legal and 360. I did not tape the whole section say 1/4 around and 1/2 high. Still get light on the deck but this keeps some out of your eyes.

Open for suggestions and pictures of how you fixed this problem on your boat.

I have the removable windshield and drop down round hand rail that goes around the windshield. Not been a problem because all I have done is work the last few months.

·
FISHERMAN
710 Posts
360 light

"About the only thing I do not like about the BC is the placement of the 360 as the light tends to get in your eyes. I have a piece of eletrical tape to block this out of the drivers eyes. Appears to work ok.
Do need to find a cheap led set up to plug in on the 360."

I remedied thi problem on my 18 UC by going with a taller light pole.

Attachments

·
Come'on wind...give me a break!
50 Posts
Thanks for the pics jim.

I will have to see what can be done about the light in a month when I get my BC in.

I think jhbarc is on the right track by going with a taller pole.

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell Donny you want a taller mount. Trade off is where to store it. Mine just fits in the pvc in the front hatch.

Some else had an idea worth looking at in the fact that they found the clips at academy and clipped the light on to the leaning post. Good idea is you can store a taller light post. Quetion can it come off going down the road? No pxs posted for the gentleman's post.

Ask him now not the day they deliver your BC. Give him some time to see what you want or to come up with some type of fix. He is a great guy but doubt this is a fix on the way out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts