2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to test shoot this lens yesterday before the rain hit. All these shots were hand-held. Got to have one now. Would allow me to have up to a 800mm capability with a 2x converter.

Attachments

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
nice shots Ray, I really like the frog series. Photo quality looks great too. No doubt about it, Its NICE to shoot good glass. How did you get to "try" the 1-4? (someplace rent it? or did you get the hook up from someone?)

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Charles, Chris and Pod.

Cutter said:
nice shots Ray, I really like the frog series. Photo quality looks great too. No doubt about it, Its NICE to shoot good glass. How did you get to "try" the 1-4? (someplace rent it? or did you get the hook up from someone?)
A hook up with a bird photographer named Daniel Lin, the guy in the last photo. Met him and two other photographers via another photo forum and we hooked-up at the park. He had a 1-4 and a 4 prime and gave me a choice of which to try. If it hadn't starting raining, I would have had a chance to try the prime as well.

He's the best wild bird photographer I know and I'm sure he'll be well known and sought after for his photography one of these days. You can check out a sample of his work at... http://www.pbase.com/danator/wild

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
Charles Helm said:
Nice shots. That gator has been in the water so long that he is starting to rust!
LMAO!

Great shots Ray. I checked out the other fellers gallery, that roseate spoonbill series landing is very nice. I was thinking "Wow, that's got 1DS written all over it" for some reason. I've been looking at too many galleries.

I bet that 400 prime would have been a treat to shoot with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts