2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never tried to BBQ deer meat but I thought I would give it a try and see what I could do with it. I was told "it will not be very good, it will be to dry". But I had a different approach and I had to try and I hoped it would keep the meat from getting dry. First I made an injection with salted butter, 5 different spices, a beer, some Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, and a few other things. I then heated this up on the stove and mixed it really well then I let it cool before I injected the meat. I injected the meat with all it would hold then I seasoned the meat and wrapped it up and let it set in the fridge over night. The next day I wrapped it in bacon and placed on the pit for 2hrs at 240 degrees untill the internial temp was 140 degrees. The meat was very moist and I am very pleased with the out come.

Scott

Attachments

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
we used to cook venison hams on the pit till they got their smoke on, then mopped the heck out of them and wrapped up in foil and give it another 2 hrs........

comes out like pulled pork

just have to keep heavily mopped w a buttery sauce

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
try slicing it open and making a big pocket inside, stuffing with cheese and mushrooms, spinach, pan sausage (cooked), or whatever you like then wrap up tight in bacon and bbq... or finish in the oven off the grill.. ummmmmmm

·
Wherever you are....BLOOM!
5,760 Posts
We just make an "X" by stabbing twice and stuffing with garlic, bacon, onion, etc.. Do these all over the roast...wonderful taste.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
I give it a 8 without tasting it! lol!

Lookin good. How about a pic of the smoker also!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I give it a 8 without tasting it! lol!

Lookin good. How about a pic of the smoker also!
Thanks for the complements. I will take a few pics of my pit when I get home and post them up.

I am going to try some of ya'lls recommendations on my next few hams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts