2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share a few pics from Memorial day.

#1 Shows the final board. Dad had two fish on there, my brother had one, and I had one.

#2 Shows Dad's third place red and my fifth place red.

#3 Shows my baby and our "prize" stash! =)

#4 Shows a SEAHORSE, yes a seahorse, that hitched a ride on a piece of snagged seaweed/shell mass. Right around the causeway in West Bay. Amazing.

#5 Shows what its really all about. Sunset over the reef.

Attachments

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
I've seen several seahorses in the sargasum grass at the beach. Actually, my kids love taking their little dip nets and seeing what they can catch. There are some amazing little creatures that reside in that sargasum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Big Trout

Thanks fellas. That 6.6 was just a hair under 28". Very skinny fish! She was released alive in good shape. Next year I'm weighing everything in. I could have gotten all top 5 spots for trout. Seemed greedy to go for it but the guys at the awards ceremony said they woulda' done it. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting a couple of local guys. Pretty cool bunch out here in Bayou Vista!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kneedeep...mind if I ask...

Where (generally) did you guys get on the nice trout. We couldn't buy a decent speck. I bet we didn't put one in the boat over 18". We were able to find the reds and flounder in the Eastern part of West bay, but no specklies.

I'm glad you had a good time at the tourny, its always alot of fun for my Pops and I.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gutter

Well the best I can tell, you were fishing outta the boat. I was wading quite shallow and very early. I was in a cove in West Bay throwing topwaters exclusively. Honestly I don't think I caught a fish under 22" all week at this spot. Not alot of fish but all solid 3+ lbers. The morning I got the 28", I had already released a 25" + 26", and still made it home in time to get a nap before 8:30 am. With the wind blowing like it was all week it really put the boat guys at a disadvantage.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds great!

My Dad is not a huge believer in getting out before the sun pops up. He's more of a 10am to 1pm'er. =)

Actually, we did most of our fishing at evening/night, so we were pretty wiped out when that 5:30am alarm clock went off, so we never got out early.

We are certainly not opposed to slipping over the side for some wading though, we might give it a whirl next time. That wind sure did make it tough wherever we went.

Thanks for the info Kneedeep.

Gutter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts