2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics from the beach on saturday. Got my nephew the dog and took my new toy out to play with the red fish. Well the reds did not hold up there end of the bargin so i did not get to put my nephew on a real pull but we had a fun day on the beach collecting shell and just hangging out on the sand.

Attachments

·
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and here are a few for you pelican lovers. They were flying so low to the surf when the first would skim the wave they would shoot up in formation. and last but not least baxter was so wore out he slept like this the whole drive home.

Josh

Attachments

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Man, those waves were crashing like chocolate milk in a blender.

As they say though, any day on the beach is a good day. Looks like Baxter had a full day! He's such a big sweetie. :)

The winds kept us at home today....got the yardwork done though. Stinking fire ants are everywhere after the rains. Had to give 'em a little 'nite-nite potion. "Die, you suckers!"

Hope you make it through the week quickly, waiting for your trip to Baffin. That will be a great time, I'm sure.

We'll be waiting on your report!

Take care,
Pam

·
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ready for Baffin

I am ready to get after some trout down there. I need to restring my reel and organize the tackle box alittle and im ready. It will be a much needed break from Houston. They have been working me like a mule at work and making sure they get their money out of me. Ohwell if it was not for work i would not be able to go fishing as often as i do. Got a meeting with the guide this week then it will be BAFFIN BAY for 3 days of fishing and fun, might even do some catching if im lucky.
Sorry to hear yall did not get to hit the water pam. I might be back on the beach the weekend after next if i aint flounder fishing. Are yall going to try HI or you thinking Surfside for the next trip.

Josh

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Were you happy with the way it casted? What lb. test were you using?

Bigwater

·
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BW,

I practiced on friday in a field and for it being my first time casting this rig and i was hitting 50 to 60 almost every cast and hit 80 yards once ot twice, i am happy. On the beach was a little bit of a different story. I did have a little bit of a problem with release but only when my hands were wet. i only had 1 backlash and it was not bad at all. First thing i did when i got the reel was slide the brakes out. Over all the reel is not hard to cast at all. I do need on of those thumb protectors if i am going to put in same serious casting time. From friday at the park my thumb was alittle sore. The reel is spooled with 30lb stren, which i am going to pull off and put a 40 to 50lb braided backing for a little more capasity. When i got the reel i was told it was spooled with a little over 300yards.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Nice rig, Josh ... I swear when I saw pic 3 in your first post I could hear the music from 2001, A Space Odyssey playing in the background. ;) Hope you guys kill 'em in Baffin!

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Cool! I've been eyeballing that one. Looks like you've got a sweet rod for it too. 80 yards ain't bad. It'll get better as you get used to it. A far cry from chunkin for Trout in Baffin. When I build my next surf outfit I think it'll be the 555.

Bigwater

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
My favorite dog.

Baxter rules! And yea, yer aight Josh. :D

Man, theres been a few times I wished the surf looked that good. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts