2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the mosquitoes invading my house and ranch I was wondering if anyone has ever tried building bat boxes. Let me know if you had any success with this method.

·
Dada. I caught a Shimp
243 Posts
I've got a bat box with a small roost in it and it does not make any difference. I'm still getting eaten up by mosquitos.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
We have them. Lots of bats, but the skeeters are still bad. The best solution is fogging for us.

The mosquito deleeto type systems work well, but it takes a while for them to affect the breeding population. (Plus, Al Gore will picket you for making all that C02).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Use TenGard bye bye for 10 days. It works very good but you need licence to get it.....did some searching you may not need the licence.

·
Dada. I caught a Shimp
243 Posts
MarshJr. said:
what area of town do you live? how long did it take bats to find your box?
I live in Dickinson and the Bat Box was already there when I bought the house. Neighbor told me they've been there for at least ten years.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
A few bats aren't going to knock out the skeeter population in your yard. And they are bad everywhere, I swear I saw one earlier that created a shadow on the ground.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I have bought one and made a couple. The only thing that lives in them are WASPS.

I had them up for years and took the down from unproductivity

1 - 14 of 14 Posts