2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently my wife entered myself and her in this contest a few months back at Bass Pro. Yesterday, I got a letter stating,

"....it is our pleasure to announce that your entry has been selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner!

Pending verification of your eligibility, you have won a Langara Island Lodge Fishing trip for two during the 2008 fishing season!

Before we may officially call you a winner, we need you to complete the enclosed standard Affidavit of Eligibility and Release Form. The form affirms that you are eligible to participate in the promotion and that you are in compliance with the Official Rules. Pleae not the acknowledgement of a notary pubulic is required."

The main thing that concerns me is they ask for my SS#...I'm guessing/hoping that its just needed to confirm my age and who I am. The letter was sent from promotion mechanics - a firm that apparently handles all of Bass Pro's drawings.

Does this sound legit to you guys?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Call Bass Pro HQ to confirm before sending your SS# to ANYONE

If you really did win something, you might get a W-1099 for it, so you'd have to give them your SS# for that.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have found out that they do not even look at the ss#, they have to black it out when the document comes in. i would call first to make sure this is all legit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called Bass Pro HQ and they were clueless....so I called the store in Katy and the lady gave me the same name, number, and address of the person at promotion mechanics that was on the form and said that it was a drawing they held a few months ago and that company does indeed handle them.

So, it looks like the wife and I will be going to Langara Island in British Columbia next year, sweet!!!! I think she is more excited about than I am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts