2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Good question. If you just look at it from a common sense point of view you'd think at least in time for all the hunters to get ready for this season. And CERTAINLY in time for the Christmas shopping holidays.

I-10 cab kiss me where the sun don't shine! :p :D

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
chuck leaman said:
I have heard it is set to open in October.
That's what I was thinking. Went by there yesterday and it looked like they still had a couple months worth of work left. They would probably be close to wrapping it up if it wasn't for all of the rain.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
I was at a function Saturday and the Mayor of Pearland said November I believe.

·
Registered
502 Posts
They sure are taking their time with this store!!!! If they new what was good for them they'd be open before any of the hunting seasons started!!

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
They were working inside the store at 11:30 p.m. saturday night. and again at around 10:00 last night. Belive me they are doing what they can to get that thing open.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
According to the ad for interviews, which is taking place this week, it is scheduled for late october. I can guarantee one thing, they will be open in time to get some of my Christmas shopping allowance.

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
As with every Bass Pro Shop you will need a huge bank account.

Biggie

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have been salivating daily on the drive home. Seems like it is taking them forever. They threw the Academy up quick and got it open.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Living a half mile from the new Academy and BPS about a mile away my bank account is going to take a beating. BPS still looks a few months away from opening...

·
11,766 Posts
Texas T said:
They were having interviews all of last week at the KC hall.
You beat me to it. Drove by there last week and the parking lot was full. Boy I can hardly wait for it to open. The traffic on 288 @Beltway ought to be sporty at best.

·
Registered
713 Posts
was the middle of Oct. now it's the end of Oct. according to our last staff meeting here at Pearland City Hall.
Byron

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
Dani California said:
As with every Bass Pro Shop you will need a huge bank account.

Biggie
LOL .. or since they are doing interviews .. ya'll need to apply to work part time

BPS employee discount ain't too shabby .. 40% off everything Bass pro branded (including red head, white river, uncle bucks etc.) and i think it's either 10%, or 15% off of everything else

I don't know if they offer it in the smaller stores or not .. but up here in the real deal they have this cool deal called the Pace program .. where they jsut call you when you need you .. and if you're available .. you can work ... that way you only have to work a few times a year .. but you get your discount year round.. cut's my BPS bill in half ;-)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think we need one like the one East of Dallas. They Built it on the lake and have a boatslips to park at.

Maybe we could get one in Freeport like that!!!

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
What? Y'all can't wait for the high prices and poor service?

I live within 10 minutes of the BassPro in Grapevine. I've never seen worse service than at the BP gun counter. I pretty certain the manager has hired all his friends. These guys have no interest in serving customers. And I ain't just talkin' about guns .... I'm buying!

Of course I go there a lot ... it's like a bad addiction. I can't help myself. But man, the prices and customer service continually set new standards of miserable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts