2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently moved to league city from oklahoma what are the local bass lakes and ponds in the area that i can fish?

·
Registered
121 Posts
pasadena

theres a pond off of burke rd that has bass. i havent been there in years so not sure how it is. from 45 take bw8 to genoa red bluff, turn left, to burke, turn right and its a little ways down on the left at a park that i forget the name of.

·
gone fishin'
124 Posts
the challenger 7 park has a small pond in it, and I think they stock it pretty often. Also Clear Creek and Dickinson Bayou are full of bass. I have caught many 5lbers out of Clear Creek on plastic worms against the bulk heads, but be prepared because the catfish in there will hit a plastic worm just like a bass. The only thing about Clear Creek is you cant keep anything out of there due to all of the PCB's and Mercury in the water. But its a lot of fun and good practice. Good luck and welcome to the great state of Texas

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taff, clear creek is this off of 270 i have seen boats fishing that area is there a boat ramp near or are the bulk heads accesible by land. also if i wanted to go to a bigger lake would that be conroe or sam rayburn. sorry for the inquiry just trying to get familar with the area but all in all it is great to be in Texas!

·
Lone Eagle
1,920 Posts
i recently moved to league city from oklahoma what are the local bass lakes and ponds in the area that i can fish?
not sure about the area you are in but there is some prime fishing on most East Texas Lakes that are north and northeast of Houston. email me if you desire and I will attempt to assist you....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts