2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Man that's sad. I read that this morning. I played ball for a long time pretty much year-round and I saw some close calls but that is tough. Prayers sent to his family and friends.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
This is just tragic. I was a big fan of Mike Coolbaugh when he was in the Cardinal system. Prayers go out to his wife. They had 2 young sons with another child due in October. In my years of coaching I got whacked by a lot of balls in the cage, but I was lucky enough to dodge them when I was in the coaching boxes. It really makes you think though. - Coach

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Terrible story. A lot of you may remember his brother Scott Coolbaugh. He played baseball at UT in the mid-eighties. Prayers out to the family.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Yep

Even if the chances are 1 in a billion saving that one life would be worth it.

Jode

·
Looking for Fish
665 Posts
Very Sad. Prayers for his family. Anyone on here know, but wasn't there a Mike Coolbaugh that played high school ball in the San Antonio area that was a top prospect for the pros?

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Absolute tragedy. Prayers for his family. His wife is expecting their 3rd child in October.

Goodbye fellow Rough Rider.

Theodore Roosevelt High Shool.

Soapeddler
TR'79

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
I know his brother Scott and just spoke to him, he(Scott) actually played for the Rangers maybe 8 or so years ago. It is too sad for words. He says they are just taking it moment by moment, wow! He did ask for prayers.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Soapeddler said:
Absolute tragedy. Prayers for his family. His wife is expecting their 3rd child in October.
for sure, but don't forget about the batter either- can you imagine the psychological stress he's going through too?

sad, sad deal on all sides.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Didn't Scott graduate from Roosevelt in the mid 80's? I graduated from there in '84 and I remember a Coolbaugh that was in my class. Either way it is tragic and I'll say a prayer for the family and the guy that hit the ball. Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts