2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys: Can anyone please recommend a place where I could take my son to fish from the bank or a dock to catch specs? I dont own a boat but even a place where we could wade fish would be great this time of year.

thanks so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I live in the Katy area, but I am willing to go down to Galveston or Freeport, whichever is more fruitful.
thanks

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Any chance you could get a kayak? Opens up more opportunities. I live in the same area and I take mine to Christmas Bay. You can wade there too if you do that kind of thing.
RT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny you say that RT, I sold mine about a year ago.... you know had kids and couldnt really get out for obvious reasons, but now i kinda miss it. Anyway, I would love to go down there with you. Do you where in Christmas Bay? Is it that spot behind Ernie's?
thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for the info....

I havent had much luck at all at Pine Gully. Most of the pier is pretty crowded and I hardly see people catching anything.

Now I havent been to the San Leon Pier. Is that good for catching flounder and specks?

thanks

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
pine gully is flounder heaven with the right bait and for reds dont go all the way out to the "t" just about a 1/3 to 1/2 way out the pier .

and 18th fish to the left about 2/3 of the way out for specks but got my best 2 years ago on a fly rod just goofin around

Attachments

·
Dialed-In Adventures
465 Posts
A good wading spot this time of year is near confederate reef. Coming from 61st street take a right when you dead end into the seawall. Drive down to 8 mile road follow 8 mile road untill it almost dead ends into west bay. There is a road to the left turn there and it dead ends into a marsh flat. Walk the shore lines of the marsh islands. Reds, Specks, and Flounder. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Yes, that is by Ernie's or whatever they call it now. Another place might be Seawolf Park. That might me easier on your son than wading. PM me if you want.

RT

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Thank you sir!

A good wading spot this time of year is near confederate reef. Coming from 61st street take a right when you dead end into the seawall. Drive down to 8 mile road follow 8 mile road untill it almost dead ends into west bay. There is a road to the left turn there and it dead ends into a marsh flat. Walk the shore lines of the marsh islands. Reds, Specks, and Flounder. Good Luck.
I would much prefer getting to find/know a spot like this.
I am not a fan of piers.
Well, it's not the piers ... it's the people that tend to be fishing them.

·
A word to the wise is infuriating.
308 Posts
I am not a fan of piers.
Well, it's not the piers ... it's the people that tend to be fishing them.
I heard you on this one - I would say then stay AWAY from Sea Wolf park! You have to struggle just to find somewhere to cast there! 18th Street Pier in San Leon isn't so bad and everytime i've been there only around 10 people or so there. Has a good bar/resturant at the pier also. I haven't tried the pine gully - i think i might though, we'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts