2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad, brother, and I fished with Kris Kelley (www.coastalwaterfowl.com) again this weekend and he put us on the fish again. Saturday we had our limits of trout and were off the water by 8:45am. Then the rains came. We timed that trip just right. It rained like hell until we got onto the boat Sunday morning. The first casts from my brother and I yielded a trout and a nice red at 6:15am. We ended Sunday with 14 trout, 1 red but were blown off the water by 7:45am. We had a small window and Double K made the most of it. As soon as we finished taking the pics, the rains came. Instead of trying to wait it out we called it a trip. We hit up the Chunky Monkey shrimp shack for 60lbs of 9-12 Louisiana Gulf shrimp and headed for Houston. Back in Manvel by 1pm. If you haven't fished with Double K you need to. We've been fishing with him for 7-8 years now and always have a great time. We don't know how many trips pop has left in him so it helps when you have a guy like Kris go out of his way to make things special.

Oh yeah, probably saw 2-3 boats total for the weekend. That made everything so much sweeter.

B

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stringer & Squall

Two things really jump out in your post-
Heckofa nice Stringer and hellufa ugliee squall.
Thks for the post & guide rec.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.