2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great weekend hunt with my son this weekend around Bandera. I finally met up with an old friend who invited me to hunt on his ranch that I had heard about from my folks but had no idea the quality of animals on this place. Saw tons of game with some very impressive whitetails. Very early on the hunt I see a 140-150 class deer. My heart started pumpin and my friend asks me if I wanted to shoot! I passed as we just started to hunt but lets just say that I will remember that beast for many years to come. I promised myself not to look back! (lol). Around mid-morning he shows me around the ranch and we see a nice axis buck coming down a ravine. So the stalk was on. I worked my way through some brush and managed to get within 150 yards of this great looking deer. I got a steady rest and squeezed off a round. The .243 did its job and the nice buck hit the ground. Looking forward to hunting that ranch again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fellas! Bcspider, I left the backstrap up there but I am sure I can get you some.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guppy I am not sure what they measured. I was in such a hurry to get it to the taxidermist that I forgot to measure it. Not too bright of me.

Yep Mike there is plenty of backstrap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts