I've heard two things: Spiders in the bananna bunches and the ripening banannas would cause the other food stored on the old sail powered craft to spoil.
Well I feel so much better now knowing that the poisoned banana I just ate don't have a snake in it.....BeeGee said:Actually, the most perilous thing that lives in banana bunches are type of VERY poisonous snake. They are not a problem in modern times because the bananasare sprayed with poison. However, that being said, Do Not eat banana peels!!!!