2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Bananas

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  michaelbaranowski 
#1 ·
What's up with banana's How come on some guide services they say no bananas? And some of the post for needing crews say the same thing. Is it a bad luck deal or just saftey like slippage, "I fallen and I can't get up"

#5 ·
NO BANANAS!!!
I was on a guided trip Offshore, about 7 years ago. The captains wife specifically said " No Bananas! " We left the harbor, got to the fishing grounds, fishing was really slow and it was hard to find fish. The captain said' "They're acting like we got bananas on the boat!!" My buddy says "What? you wanta banana? here ya go!!" The captain 'bout flipped out, grabbed them naners and over the side they went. Within the next 2 hours we limited out on Snapper, Kings and AJs, also ended up with a couple ling....

No Bananas!

#8 ·
Ohh my goodness, I believe it now this moring at 6:58 a.m I get a call from work saying 40% of the work my guy's did last week has failed inspection, I guess that from posting a topic about bananas this SUCKS, now I got to send the guy's back and now I'm off to the jobsite to put out the fires now, And I was thingking of going offshore this morning with no cell signal, Can you imagine all the voicemails and kaos later today when I get close to shore and have signal.

No bananas for me, Nelson

#9 ·
once you experience the bannana on a boat, you will be a believer. even happens in freshwater!!! FIshing a tourney on Lake FOrk... all morning- perfect conditions, perfect water..... i pull out the damnnn bannana and lay my rod on the deck(with line still out).. i was down to the last bite.. and my line was swimming off!! ate the last bite, through the peel in the water and set the hook in a matter of nano-seconds... keeper fish that wieghed.. but not enough(lake fork sucks!).... rest of the day we caught fish after fish, and even had a couple chances at an hourly check....

I am a believer! NO BANNANAS!!!!

#11 ·
I had never heard of this either. wake up and grab a nanner from the counter put in food bag and put in boat. Sea report 2-3 get to end of jetties not 2-3 it is a solid 3 and ocasional 4. Go about 25 miles hit a of rig that usually have snap get a couple of toss backs, hit another rig and my sister catches a good size snap then the sharks show up. Thin the rig starts peing on the boat some stinkyyy rust color stuff stains the boat. We decided to get the heck out of there. On the way i decide its time for breakfest so i take out my naner and my dad says what the heck i wish i would have known you had that. He says get rid of that so i toss it over board and the day got better. we caught a nice limit of snapper some nice kings my sis caught a 120 lbs black tip, the seas slicked to nuthin so i will never bring a nanner on a boat again!!!!!!

#13 ·
WE had someone put bananas on the still on the trailer. We stopped to get gas and had loose lug nuts. We tighten the nuts and a few miles down teh road we realized that we had forgotten our dive weights. So we figured that as two strikes. When we got home looked and between the four wheels we had 8 broken lug bolts. I am glad we trurned around when we did. So not bananas in boat even if it isn't on the water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.