2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at some information on banana plants fertilizer and there are a variety of opinions. Some say 6-6-6ish and others say higher...like 20-20-20. Some say, "lots of potassium", etc. Does anybody have ideas and experience in successfully growing Banana Plants? tia, CF? BTW, I am not trying to kick-off a gardening forum, however, nevermind...LOL!

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Don't know about fertilizer but all my BBQ ashes go on mine as a top dressing. Anytime I plant new ones I put a shovel full of ashes in the bottom of the hole. Old man told me to do that a long time ago. Don't know if it helps but it doesn't kill em! LOL!

How you doing Bro?

·
Registered
89 Posts
MiracleGrow once a week and water the heck out of them, and banana plants will grow before your eyes. LOTS of water... Then water them some more...
Chris

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CoolChange©© said:
How you doing Bro?
I'm doing real good. Rick, I miss you and your wife and family and can't wait to see you as soon as I can. There is some real strange and exotic stuff going on in my life involving me and the creator of this universe that I've had interest in since as far back as I can remember. I have finally read the entire bible and it's the most fascinating and freaking unbelievable book (in a good way) I can imagine. It's too wild to be B.S. (Of course hearing read on CD helps greatly - lol!) If it weren't for my friend in Dr. Davis, I guess I'd be living under the I-35 overpass in Austin tonight! There is a God and for some strange reason He does love my dumb, worthless, hate to work, fishaholic arse! Take Care Bro., ComeFrom?

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
CoolChange©© said:
Don't know about fertilizer but all my BBQ ashes go on mine as a top dressing.
The ash left after burning wood is high in potash(does that mean the ash left from burning pot is high in woodash? :D) which is very good for any blooming plants. This time of year I dump it around my peppers & tomatoes.

Jeff

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
I guess you know once you get them started you can never get rid of the things. You can dig half the world up and they still come back.

Charlie

·
Registered
826 Posts
They're so hard to kill, why would you want to fertilize them?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Do they really need fertilizer? I knocked one down last week so I could get a ladder close to my satellite dish. I think that sucker was back up to three feet tall by the next day!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bananas?

Hey John don't believe the older kids at school banana peels don't work (LOL & ducking)

EZ

G

·
When we raised them in Antigua we use N-P-K aka 10-10-10. Being a dry island our biggest problem was giving them enough water.

:rybka:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm convinced. I just pulled that dern thing out of the ground and threw it in the garbage can! LOL! CF?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
right decision...

ComeFrom? said:
I'm convinced. I just pulled that dern thing out of the ground and threw it in the garbage can! LOL! CF?
worse than weeds. clean up in the winter is no fun either. they'll also give a lawn mower and weedeater fits if you get too close.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts