2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K.,let's do this thing...

Come on guys,let's give Wendell something to work with here.How about something as simple as this:The simple black&white,oval shaped decals ya see on vehicals with the abbreviation of their favorite beach,lake,whatever...example:OBX(Outer Banks,NC),HI(Hatteras Island),LKG(Lake Gaston).....do one with CPR in big letters,and around the edge of the oval in small letters,''catch-photo-release"or "Release Big Bluecats".Another idea is the same light colored oval sticker with a silouette of a blue in dark blue with a smilar slogan...simplicity is sometimes more "eyecatching" than something "busy".
Ya'll help a brother out here...giveup the ideas...Save the hawgs!!:ac550:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I Like your idea of the CPR in a oval on the hat, like an OBX logo. It would be recognised easily, and I think people would pay attention to it too. I also like the "catch-photograph-release" in little letters along the top or bottom of the oval... the only thing I would suggest you consider as a change would be, do not limit it to "blue" catfish... something like CPR big cats... or CPR big catfish... I don't know.... but I see your idea in my mind's eye and I like it....

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
The CPR is right up my alley Ill take 1 or 2 or...................................later,Dave

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
No -- The frustration is pretty much a regular right now .. lol ... The place I am having them made had a machine problem .. I would think I was getting hosed if I didn't have so many good referrals from them ... I was promised to see a sample hat of hat#2 early this week ,,,, I think today was the deadline for that -- ugghghh

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bama..I like it..can you email me a pic of it..i got someone who will make the hats and stickers at a decent price...and they are in Tenn so dont hold that against me..<grin> I will email it to them and see what kinds of deals they can give us, as far as 5 panel or 6 panel cap..colors..etc..thanks warren..my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
728 Posts
Bamacat said:
What do you think about this guys? Like it or not?
Do you want brutal honesty? Or do you want me to sugar-coat it? Here's the brutally honest version:

I like it a lot. I'd like it even more if the "Catch Photograph Release" had a slightly larger (maybe double-spaced?) gap between the words, and slightly larger font. I'd like it more if the catfish were just a little bigger and the "CPR" on the fish was proportionally bigger. The last change I'd suggest is to take "Please" out of the bottom text. All opinions, mind you... If you don't change a thing, I'm IMPRESSED with it. Put me on the list for some stickers, hats and a shirt if that's the path you choose for the delivery media...

Also, I'm no artist... it's really nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. I don't do this stuff for money. I just do it for fun. We could still change anything about it, if that's what you want. If you leave the "please" out of the bottom text it sort of sounds like you are giving a command. If you say please people are more likely to respond in a positive way. Let me know and I will try to work on it this weekend.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Like I said... my opinion and 1.00 will buy you a coke. It's really cool the way it is. I was being as picky as I am able when I posted earlier. I'd be proud to have that in a big sticker on my boat or as a bumper sticker, hat, shirt or whatever other way I can display it...

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
If you can take out the white letters of CPR and reverse them out in yellow it will save some money. Yellow is a standard vinyl color and that would make it a one color label.

Hey Bama: Where did you get that catfish image. I don't have any real good ones. If you send me that one. I'll set one up like i'm talking about. I like your layout though. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
TXPalerider how big of a catfish do you want? It's in a .ai (Adobe Illustrator) file right now. It's right at 4.4 mb. It would be sort of hard for me to send that big of a file on this dialup I am using. It needs a little cleaning up too. Are you talking about a all yellow decal? Or just changing the white letters yellow?

Hawkeye, I made one a little different what do you think of this one?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts