2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Yes, that is the round house on the point at Treasure Island next to the cars fishing spot. It looks about the same now as it did back in July when we rented a house near it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I feel very sorry for those that lost their property, but the same happens in a flood on any river. If the river widens due to a flood, (as happened to my grandmother and many friends) you have a smaller back yard, or perhaps your house becomes "structure" at any rate, you lot is now a public waterway. It's part of the risk of living on a river as it is with a beach. I still would purchase beachfront property, but with the knowledge that It's not mine if There's not grass on top of it.

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Old Whaler said:
Is that the house at Treasure Island?
Yep.... the end of the world at Treasure Island

In the late 70's i used to have one of them VW Things....you could take off the doors and fold down the windshield. Used to be able to ride around that house....and on down to SLP Pier.....thats where i had to fold the windshield down to get under the pier....then could drive the rest of the way to the Toll Bridge...'ceptin is ...back in them days ...there weren't no tolls.

After The Thing...i had a Jeep Renegade....but even with the windshield down...it was too tall to get under the pier....them Things were lowriders

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
I always wanted a VW Thing LOL I have not seen one on the road in years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts