2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the pleasure of fishing with Kevin Cochran (Trout Tracker Guide Service--361-688-3714) this past Friday. My partner and I met Kevin at the ramp at 5:15 am and headed into the Upper Laguna Madre. We fished deeper grass beds over wads of mullet all day. Everywhere we went we caught many fish with a few good ones mixed in at each stop. We caught over 100 fish that day with 6 over 25". I had a 28 3/4" trout on a Corky devil at about 1:30. Kevin is an excellent guide with great fish instincts and a detailed understanding of structure and how fish relate to structure during different times of the year. Call him if you are interested in improving your understanding on big trout in this area.

Saturday and Sunday we fished with some other friends in similar areas and structure with the same results--many trout and 10 more fish over 25". 95% of the fish were caught on Super Spooks and over deeper grass beds with large rafts of mullet. I included a few pics of the trip on Sat and Sun.

Rob Mersinger

Attachments

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Sweet pictures and sounds like a heckofa trip.

I think Andy and I need to take you up on that offer from last year, soon!

Was that the Jimmy Houston floating in one of those pictures?

Take Care!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Dang!

I thought that might be the case, if your telling the truth. Just wanted to see if i could rile you up a little bit sense you went to the trouble of editing the pictures. Oh well, nice report.

·
Registered
34 Posts
RM, dont black out the houses in the photos. nothing to hide, doubt many can catch em like that..... right?

I am sure that I can't.... being i have not fished for a trout in years!

Nice to look at the pics though.

I would keep it on the down low if it were me!

623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah Jon...

I guess you are right. Too bad your redfish spot has been broadcast on national television.....but as you said, catching them is a different story. Sell your boat yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
redfish spot, a secret.... i think not. Just knowing when to go and why.

Boat is sold.
any tourneys coming up?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great Fish and thanks for the report. If you don't edit the pics I bet the fish you released would be in some potlickers belly's before you went back. If we had more fisherman releasing you would not have to worry about being so discreet. With the explosion of trout fishing down here we are in for some changes. In a few years you will be lucky to catch a hardhead. Guides like Kevin are trying to slow this process. It's crazy how many people are fishing the ULM every weekend now.

·
Registered
428 Posts
great pics! lol, i enjoyed the sharpy islands in the background. i don't blame you at all. i always check out my background before i take pictures out on the water.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Tell Spitz...

HE NEEDS TO START SMILING MORE!!!!!!!!

FROWN FACE SPIRZ.....LMAO!!!

Jode

Way to go guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts