2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body up for a gathering down south? I'm sure we could get quite a few boats down that way, do some serious fishing, and have some serious whoppers to tell when we got back.

Maybe Aubrey could give us some suggestions on a decent time, when the campground isn't at it's busiest, and the winds are managable?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
usually there is a cast-n-blast in september somewhere down south. I've missed it the last 2 years but hope to make it this year...if there is one. Anyone got this on the radar yet?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
WooWee BertS

As my good buddy Badhabit would say, "Aww Kitty Kitty!" Im defnitely up for some of that action. Especially since Eric keeps scheduling the POC gathering when Im working, (3rd year in a row MISTER!LOL) Ill break out the pop up for this one. Build it and they will come!

Zac

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hopefully

we can get some imput from Aubrey. That will help us firm up a date.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Now that sounds like one I'd like to hit!! Have boat will travel. Will we need to camp or make plans. I'll need someone to show me how to get over the rocks at the mouth so I don't take my TRP out though. Sounds like an excellent plan to me.

Bigwater

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sounds Interesting.....

I would suggest sometime in the fall preferably late Oct. early November. The RV park where I stay starts filling up right after Thanksgiving for anyone that has a trailer or RV. Also, there are several places to stay (Baffin Bay Inn, Wildhorse Lodge, Cast-n-Stay) that are all close by. Kingsville is about a 20 minute drive from here as well.

I can look into reserving the Recreation Hall for the weekend and can help point everyone in the right direction (ie., AWAY from the rocks). I will be auctioning off prime GPS coordinates at the Map Party LOL.

Let me know how much interest there is. I really won't be able to ramrod this very much but since Bert suggested it, I don't think he will have a problem being the point man on this one. Of course I will help all I can as the local contact. Sounds doable to me so lets get it on. Later, Aubrey

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Well, lets do it

Im thinking either 10/9 or 10/23 since the banquet is the 16th. You get into November and we start steppin on deer hunting time. This sounds very doable. Sounds like something is in the beginnings here.

Zac

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Aubrey

Bassfreeks said:
I really won't be able to ramrod this very much but since Bert suggested it, I don't think he will have a problem being the point man on this one.
as long as I'm not the pivot man.....I don't mind trying to ram rod this thing, as long as Aubrey can help with some of the lodging logistics. I'd think camping at the campground, either in a trailer of tent, would be the way to go. I'm pumped about the opportunity to fish down there. I have to be careful about my Friday nights in the fall this year......got a boy playing football on Fridays. Got another boy, gonna be born in late Oct.

I would like some suggestions, from some of you that have put one of these together before.....or even suggestions period, being I am a virgin ram rodder.....lol...

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Did i hear some one say TTMB Fall Trout Classic Held on the Famous Baffin Bay, Maybe it was the wind i dont know.

Josh

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Bert Ill help with what I can

This works out rather nicely in fact. Im off and its far enough in advance I can begin a 3 or four day kitchen pass. Ive been down there a few times so Im sorts familiar with what is where as far as lodging stuff. Ill get on this ol puter and get some kingsville info. I know there are several places there but dont know addressess or prices. Aubrey, if'n your book is clean on that day Im hear by officially hiring you as my persoanl salvation to layeth a spankin down on some fat momma sows (CPR of course) so LETS GET IT ON!

Zac

We need to first nail a date. Bert, the 9th may be better for you cause I dont think you wanna play with the end of OCT. with a baby coming. Missing a birth due to a fishing trip can wreck some serious havoc in future fishing propositions, if ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Oct. 9th Not Good For Me.....

Karen and I will be in St. Thomas USVI from Oct. 4 thru the 9th. I most likely won't be back in Baffin til two or three days after that (recovery time LOL). Don't mean to throw a wrench in any plans. Thats just about the only time I can't do it. Later, Aubrey

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how about

some time in Sept.? oops....early Nov. will work too......the week of 10-24 is way out of the question...

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Well, allrighty then

I guess we'll see what Bert wants to do as he has some serious scheduling issues for late October/early Nov. I remember you telling me about that trip but I guess I forgot the dates. We''ll see

Zac

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I'm extremely flexible on dates but I'm ready to GO! Bigwater, we won't have to worry about rocks at the entrance we'll be coming from the other end. You can always go in my Cat. "If it ain't sticking out of the water it ain't a problem." I'm booking a room at the Baffin Inn assoon as there's a firm date, sweeeet place. Shady mesquites, picnic tables, and barbecue pits. Can get a room with two, three, or four double beds and a kitchen for cheap, so I'll need some roomys.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
When we get a date

Kenny Ill be solo on this one and would be looking for a roomy as well. Keep me in mind. I hear Coolchange likes to have roomy's too! LOL Lets get a date, We can go first week in Nov but that might make some deer hunters upset. Bert, that time of year is just looking sketchy for you bro. Hopefully we can work something out.

Zac

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Yeah, but who's bringin' the Dickle?!?

I'm pencilin' that one in! :D

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Kenny,
I'm in. I'll room with ya'll. What about my JHP 240? Will it work? We'll trade out. One day in the Cat and one in the JH and so forth. I'll want a room I'll have someone with me most likely. But I want a room next to yours. My boats got plenty of room.

Bigwater

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
The SCA flounder tourney is Nov 13th, so if'n y'all can avoid that date, it would be most appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts