2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on a last minute trip to Baffin Thursday. Capt D and I arrived late Friday and were eager to hit it early in the morning. I couldn't sleep that night so I got up around 3:45 am and hit the lighted pier with some gulp minnows. Landed 10 specs before the sun came up with 4 or so keepers. They were all released to fight another day. We were on the water at daybreak and headed to the south shoreline. The weather could not have been any better!! No wind to speak of and the water was pretty active with nervous fish all around. We waded around till we found some submerged rocks and began to cast. Action was pretty steady. We used live shrimp, and an assortment of assassins. Lost count of the small trout but they kept us pretty busy. Most keepers were 17" up to 24". This morning's wade was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. However, this morning was really cool. The bay was absolutely still and quite. As I was hooking up on trout, I could hear wild turkeys and quail on the shoreline starting their day. They were close and loud. They had a concert going on and I had a front row seat!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts