2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a trip with a great bunch of guys yesterday. Went into an area that is been holding some nice trout and mix reds. We did the marathon wade hoping for a big one. The wait and the wade where well worth it. Brian (aka Chili) caught the largest trout of his life, 30" and over 9 lbs. This big girl is already at the taxidermist. You can tell by the look on his face of how proud and happy he was. It's a trout of a life time, I told him, and that many men/women fish their entire lives looking for one like this and it never happens. He feels extremly lucky and fortunate to have been lucky enough to get one like this. This is what makes me love to fish!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Awesome trip! Very Nice Big Girl. I hope he was enterend in the STAR tourney.... He could be on the leader board with that one-- even though it might not hold up all year.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Great looking trout. Is it entered in the STAR? It's always nice when your trout are as big and bigger than your reds...

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Nice one! I am lookng for one of those and have been all my life! I will find one one day!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Tight Knot said:
Good trip, Capt. what are those wooden boxes on the deck?
Tight Knot
bait buckets?

nice trout!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old Style Bait Boxes. They are awesome, especially for Croaker. The plastic boxes get hot and warm the water in the box, thus killing the croaker. These boxes float great, are easier to get the bait out of the box, and keep the water cool. I can get you them for $45 to $50 each I believe. Let me know.

Yes, we were using Croaker.

Best Regards,
Capt. Jimmie Dooms

·
Rather be fishing
110 Posts
Nice job, I am finnally hearing some really good reports around the rockport area.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I haven't seen a wooden live bait box like that in years. That was the only type way back when....Great catch, BTW. CF?

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
fshnmajician said:
croaker soakin?? thats like using dynamite
Don't ever say that again. Capt. Jimmie is a great fisherman and gentleman and such a comment is not needed to take away from his excellent report.

Great job, Capt. Jimmie.

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
i use croaker all the time...lol

esp. when girls are in the boat so we dont have to struggle to catch em with arties, lol.

nice capt. dooms

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Team Castaway said:
Old Style Bait Boxes. They are awesome, especially for Croaker. The plastic boxes get hot and warm the water in the box, thus killing the croaker. These boxes float great, are easier to get the bait out of the box, and keep the water cool. I can get you them for $45 to $50 each I believe. Let me know.

Yes, we were using Croaker.

Best Regards,
Capt. Jimmie Dooms
LOL!! You tried to beat 'em to it, right!??!

Nice work

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fshnmajician said:
and my grandmother can catch a 30 inch trout on a live croaker which should in itself be a gamefish that we could enjoy fishing for and enjoy eating!!
So, you really believe that just because you have croaker that 30" trout just swim from miles away to eat your croaker? Give the guy some credit that caught the fish. There are many men that will fish their entire lives to try and catch a monster like her, but never will.

Once again, CHILI, that is one nice fish!

Best Regards,

Jimmie Dooms

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.