2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new set of Atturo tires from a well know, franchised, tire shop with warranty. Then had the front end aligned and rebuilt the next day from a very reputable shop. Truck pulled bad to one side so took it back. They printed out the specs, rotated tires and said its a tire pull. So I took truck back to the tire shop and the sales guy told me the Atturos are cheap and I need to upgrade to better tires. They then found that the tires were way out of balance and sent me on my way. When I got home one of my center caps was falling off, literally, and I noticed every center cap was missing 1 or 2 bolts. Truck still pulls... I'm taking it back this weekend. Did I buy cheap tires and this is to be expected or am I getting jerked around by a tire shop?

Truck is 2011 f250 w 35 12.5 22 wheels

·
fish control my brain
7,708 Posts
New tires and the alignment is still not right?

I would take it to the shop who did the alignment after the tire center cap situation is fixed

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never heard much good things about the Atturo brand tires, especially if they are a mud tire. I watched a buddy wear out a set in under 10k miles when everything was good with his alignment and suspension. Cheap tires are never a good idea. Just my opinion. Not trying to hate on the brand. Did they replace all the bushings when you had the front end rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,292 Posts
those tires are JUNK... Everyone I've known with them from jeeps to trucks have had horrible experiences with them

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never heard much good things about the Atturo brand tires, especially if they are a mud tire. I watched a buddy wear out a set in under 10k miles when everything was good with his alignment and suspension. Cheap tires are never a good idea. Just my opinion. Not trying to hate on the brand. Did they replace all the bushings when you had the front end rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes bushing, tie rods, all new front end. I took it back to the shop and they rechecked the alignment and gave me a printout of specs to give to the tire shop.

Truck pulls to the left all the time.

I didn't know the tires had that bad of reputation. I looked online after the sale man told me about them and didnt find any bad stuff... guess I didnt look hard enough.

Still seems iffy to me that a big name tire store would sell something that pulls.

·
Second String B Team
1,330 Posts
If they're saying it's the tires, why wouldn't they just switch them from side to side to verify that the pull switched sides?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Probably ****ty tires just curious are they aftermarket wheels ?? Like missing hubcentric ring(s). Does it have a shimmy at all or just pull?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
It may be a well known tire shop but some of those big chains I run from. They change managers like we change socks. I know one of them not worth the lead to kill him. Pathological liar. I'll deal with Discount Tire or a small town family run shop.
Probably wasn't the best thing to do the front end work immediately after the tires.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,202 Posts
have you or anyone checked to see if the left front brake cal is hung up? i say this cause it pulls to the left all the time

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
A front end pull is one of three things...1. Obviously an alignment issue (the alignment readout could show perfect but keep in mind...the vehicle is "not moving" during this process) 2. The tires (even though new) could have bad belts.. (as noted earlier swap the 2 tires to rule out bad tires..THIS IS THE EASIEST AND CHEAPEST WAY TO MAKE SURE! (if nothing changes then you have ruled out "bad tires") 3. check the straight alignment by painting a stripe in the center of each tire and scribing a line scratched by rolling the tire. now roll the vehicle back about 10 feet and back forward to a straight slow stop on your driveway and simply measure the scribe marks between each tire at the front (mark to mark) and at the back. (should be somewhere from the same measurement on both or slightly (maybe an 1/8 inch smaller (or narrower) at the front. If this checks out and the tire swap did not make a difference then "something is "MOVING" on the frontend when rolling. Did the same people do the front end work that did the alignment (the alignment guy has many to do and does his alignment an moves on to the next if his numbers look right) ?? Maybe have another shop look at the work that's been done. This info comes from personal experience from 3 of my "own" hotshot trucks chasing front end issues for close to 1,000,000 (combined)... It's not rocket science! Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts