2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw clip on what is in Imported Shrimp. Bad stuff, best ask if its wild caught local if you eat them the restaraunts. They are fixing to prosecute locals who are importing foreign farmed raised also and claiming they are local farmed raised. Have anti-biotics in them of all things.:eek:

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Just saw clip on what is in Imported Shrimp. Bad stuff, best ask if its wild caught local if you eat them the restaraunts. They are fixing to prosecute locals who are importing foreign farmed raised also and claiming they are local farmed raised. Have anti-biotics in them of all things.:eek:
look at the bright side - at least you won't get tuberculosis this week.

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard them on the radio this morning saying there are only 800 shrimpers left in Texas now. In year 2000 there were 5000 shrimpers. Thanks for the article Prawn Broker. Good read. Chemicals and bacteria also. Yum. Stick with local stuff folks.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Take away their allowance and ground 'em for the weekend. B&P

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I heard them on the radio this morning saying there are only 800 shrimpers left in Texas now. In year 2000 there were 5000 shrimpers. Thanks for the article Prawn Broker. Good read. Chemicals and bacteria also. Yum. Stick with local stuff folks.
I agree with Mr. Breeze. Sad news about the shrimping industry. Lot of farm raised stuff going around.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Stick with local stuff folks.
yea, the stuff with dioxin in it from an EPA superfund site. Sounds good. Especially since we spent a couple of million dollars buying them out and shutting them down and getting them out of our bays. If you ever bought a saltwater fishing license in Texas, you paid them to go away. Not to mention, the number of trout, flounder and snapper killed every year by their nets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those are not "Texas" boats or bay boats... 884 federally permitted Gulf boats where active fishing the EEZ or federal waters in 2008, last year with complete numbers. 2009 there will have been fewer.

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
I'll ask the manager of restaurants before eating their shrimp, from now on.
I really don't want to eat contaminated shrimp, not to mention the damage that these aquafarms do to the environment.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,212 Posts
I just asked the manager of a Chinese restaurant where his shrimp came from. He screamed "We no see your cat here. Go away!"

·
No fish in West Bay
5,637 Posts
We have ours delivered to the house by some local shrimpers, headed and bagged. Always super fresh gulf shrimp and we usually get the super jumbos 10-12 counts at a great price, $6.25/ lb avg. No communist chinese lead paint shrimp for us.

·
I smell varmint puntang.
1,284 Posts
Last shrimper I ran into offshore was from Bayou LaBatre Alabama (really) and they were almost stuffed to the gills with our local shrimp and were about to head home. Granted they were in Federal Waters, they still were dragging their nets through our snapper grounds. Maybe it's just me but it seems very similar to the way they also use Texan .ax money to pay for other states problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts