2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Road Tax Refund

You can go to the Texas Comptroller's website and download a form that will allow you to file for a refund for all the gas tax that you purchase for your boat...you have got to keep the reciepts that show how many gallons you purchased...not just how much $$ !

forms can be filed whenever you have enough to make the effort worthwhile !

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is the link

.20 cents a gallon factored over a year of fishing...

I dont know about you, I waste most of my money on Women and Beer, what I have left over I spend on fishing...This is like a raise in pay.
----------------------------------------------------

Texas: Recreational boaters can apply for a $0.20 per-gallon refund (before factoring in a 2% distributor's tax and a $1.50 filing fee) on state taxes paid for gasoline used in their boats. Although original invoices and receipts are not required to accompany the claim, filers are asked to keep all records for four years. The refund claim must be filed no later than one year after the first purchase being claimed.
Form 06-106 can be downloaded from the Internet at: www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/06-forms.html. For more information, call the Texas Comptroller's office at 800-252-1383.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Thanks guys, I've had a copy of that form for awhile but I never do anything with it because i'm always dividing cost between different people. I guess my questions is why doesn't the state just give the guys who are selling the gas at the marinas the 20 cent a gallon break and allow them if them to pass along a good price to their customers putting gas into their boats. I guess the easy answer is becasue they don't have too.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
fuel

Big o Tex,

It was the premium fuel not regular that I bought. This is the pump that "gaf top 44" used and got his water(in which Finish Line Marine had to fix his problem).
I do not want to buy any more fuel from a store than uses the wrong paste to test for water, changes their filters every 6 months, and does very little maintenance. I believe in supporting the local economy, but there is a limit.

·
Banned
527 Posts
personally i know that the gas at teakwood is good... well the regular for that matter... after all the incidents a couple weekends ago with the premium they closed the pump down and called the distributer to tell them about the problem... even though the water check in the tank checked out people were still having problems with the gas... last i heard they were trying to get the gas company out there to check it out and they havent gotten out there yet.. so the premium might be down for a while but the regular is still ok...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.