2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I love when gaftops hit topwaters
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
filled up at teakwood with premium grade gas ......1mile east of the causeway we broke down bc of bad gas......we were towed in and took it to the guys at finishline marine who we great by the way.....and 5 hrs and $1000 later the boat was bound for our fishing destination.....i am a resident of tiki and for 3 yrs never had a problem but have heard rumors of bad gas.....i will never fill up there agian.....the gas we had pumped out of our boat was half water.....no bs....maybe its just the premium we usually use the medium grade

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
gaftop44 said:
filled up at teakwood with premium grade gas ......1mile east of the causeway we broke down bc of bad gas......we were towed in and took it to the guys at finishline marine who we great by the way.....and 5 hrs and $1000 later the boat was bound for our fishing destination.....i am a resident of tiki and for 3 yrs never had a problem but have heard rumors of bad gas.....i will never fill up there agian.....the gas we had pumped out of our boat was half water.....no bs....maybe its just the premium we usually use the medium grade
Thanks for the post. We get gas there also. Did you go back and talk to them at Teakwood?

I've always heard good things about Finishline Marine.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
I always use the regular and pump from the pump on land. Fill my cars too. Never had a problem on that pump. It may not come from the same tank I really dont know. Lots of folks here at Tiki use that pump to fill our vehicles on land because its usually cheaper.

Charlie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Didn't use the gas from Teakwood this weekend but feel a need to vent about something on Tiki Island. My in-laws own a house there and my family enjoys it very much. We spend several weekends and one week there every year. Is it just me or are the police there becoming even more of a "stalking" agent than ever before? I'm all for the heavy presence of the police force but several incidents over the last few months have me second guessing their real intent. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back occurred Sat. night. My son, who is 14 and a fishing addict, had two of his friends come down with us to spend the weekend. They fished non-stop, whether it was from the dock or when I took them out on the boat. Sat. night around 11:00 p.m., they were in the driveway out front. A female police officer stopped and told them that they had to be inside the house because it was past curfew. My mistake in not realizing there was a curfew I admit. However, when my mother-in-law called to ask if the boys had been doing anything wrong, the female officer told her that no they were just sitting on the tailgate of my vehicle but that they had to be inside the house. When she asked the officer if they could be fishing on the dock in the back yard the officer replied that "this time I will only take them in if they are in the front but if I catch them out back after curfew again I will have to take them in". My mother-in-law is normally a rather even headed lady but needless to say this set her off. Can they really come into a private back yard and arrest the owner or gust of a home for fishing after curfew? I believe that this particular officer might be taking the letter of the law a little far. This same officer (I assume it is the same female officer) stopped my sister-in-law a month ago for going to fast and knowing my sister-in-law i'm sure the stop in itself was legit. However, after my wife's sister could not show her proof of insurance-it was her daughters brand new car and they had not put the new policy in it yet-the officer made her have the vehicle towed back to the house on Tiki drive---a total of two blocks!!!!! The officer refused to let her drive back to the house which was in plain site less that 200 yards away!!! Has anyone else had any questionable calls with Barney on the Island???

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Officers

These are'nt the new officers he is talking about Dunc. The one in particular has resigned. We have had our share of problems with her and I'm glad she is gone. It's makes you wonder how some of these people get a badge and gun to begin with. Gater

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Little comment regarding the Tiki Police

Whats going on regarding Juveniles out at night around Tiki is this.

Kids usuallly guest's or Grandkids down for the long weekend seem to be allowed to feel free to roam about the Island late at night. Seems the ones responsible for them have no idea where they are. Lots of calls from residents complaining that "someone is downstairs" come quick. Its most always kids doing "whatever". If they are outside just hanging out then the Police will deal with it. Fishing out back behind their house is for certain an acceptable excuse especially if adults are around. Certainly in my opinion "no problem" thats what Tiki is all about.

Charlie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where told that they have been using the same kind of water paste for the last eight years. The ethanol/water mix does not show up with that type of paste.They also said they only change the water/sep. filters once every 6 months. The new fuel has only been out 4 weeks! Buying fuel there is a **** shoot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
gas

Gaftop, I also got water in my fuel the same weekend(Filled up on premium at Teakwood)and have been stranded twice. I'm draining ALL my fuel this weekend. As others have said above they are not checking properly for the water.They may not have any water since I dumped about 16 gallons of pure water out of my tanks and still more to go.
Also, there premium pump is now OUT OF ORDER. I wonder why?
Be careful .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.