2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I am putting my rifle back on the market. I wasn't planning on getting a new one but hubby surprised me and bought me one. So I am selling my H & R 25-06 but I took off the 3-9x50 leupold scope off and put on a 4-12x40 leupold scope on this one! I am still asking $375.00 if anyone is interested, send me a pm!

Thanks Kelly

This scope does not come with the gun!

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KillaHookset said:
PM sent, I was second in line the first time you posted but never got a second call back when you got back into town.
I am so sorry, I had decided to keep it back then, then another gun came along that I really wanted...Again very sorry, I should have kept my old pms....All my fault!sad_smiles

Gun sold pending payment!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I won the exact same gun at the DU banquet last year.

I dont want to buy it but am curious about it. I have a rem 700 boltaction 25-06 and really like the caliber. I have really been thinking of using it but wanted some opinions.
How does it shoot? Can you get any distance with it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Icetrey,

In my opinion, the 25-06 is one of the finest whitetail rifles that you can shoot. It's extremely accurate, has plenty of knock down power, and it's a very flat shooting cartridge.....I've taken animals out to 500 yds with both of mine. Being in the hunting business, I have a number of rifles...including a Sako 25-06 and a Remington 700 BDL 25-06. Both will shoot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds.....of course, all of my rifles have been accurized with the barrels being glass bedded, triggers worked, etc. They are milder in recoil than larger calibers making them ideal for women and young hunters. My 14 year old has been shooting one for a couple of years. With 90-100gr. bullets, they are devastating due to the velocity and shocking power. If you're hunting larger bodied animals, the 120 grain bullets work extremely well. Use it and I think it's a cartridge that you'll really enjoy shooting and hunting with. Good Luck, Good Huntin' & God Bless!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
TO,

I really like the 25-06. Its enough to do the job and put down an animal but not too big to destroty an animal. A relativly light recoil and with the 100 grain bullets I shoot, except out to 300 or 400 yards I hardly get any drop.

I might have to put a scope on it and give it a whirl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.